Fowl play

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
OK I want your feedback on this...

I talked to a guy on this website about buying my hard top. he came to my house to look at it that night the same night he gave me a check for $100 as a deposit to hold it until he can get some things worked out. I was releaved that it was sold and I told 2 people that were very interested that it was sold, so about a week latter the buyer of my top calls me and tells me that he wants to come and see the top again, when he gets over to see it he says that he no loger wants to buy it and he wants his money back for the deposit. I told him that I would have see if I had another buyer. so now I just went to my bank and he had canceled the check on me without even telling me. Now I am over drawn in my acount by $200 for checks that i wrote. WHAT SHOULD I DO? (isnt a deposit usually NON-refundable)

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I have seen Judge Judy Call a deposit like that refundable or non refundable depending on if she hates you or not. She would probably call your bank fees your problem.

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
I told him that I dont want the bank fees I just think that he is responsable for the $100 the rest I will eat I mean $100 isnt a huge deal but it is the moral issue

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
this is exactly why I hate sellin stuff, people are just stupid. Post his name, can you contact his bank and claim fraud?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That sucks, I always deposit checks with the though in mind... I always wait for the check to clear before shipping unless they are local or I know the customer...too easy to get burned these days. Good Luck, keep us posted.:(

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
I dont want to give the name yet I want to give him a chance to pay first but after he answers me if he tells me NO then it is free game

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by 2BIGTJ
I dont want to give the name yet I want to give him a chance to pay first but after he answers me if he tells me NO then it is free game

Good call... its always better if you can take care of it between the two of you..;)