freaking jeep wont start

snowboard3r411

i know all you yota guys can give me shit now lol. ITs a 1990 jeep cherokee i drove it out to dinner tonight and went to get back in a start it and i had nothing. my head lights work and dash lights work and thats about it. the gauages dont read any battery level or anything else. its cold ass hell here so i have not looked at anything yet tonight but was woundering if anyone else has a suggestion. i tryed jump starting and that did nothing. i dont think it could be a alternater? maybe a starter??

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
hit the starter with a hammer and see if it starts :)...

Seriously smack it with a hammer.. Its a jeep.. if it starts after you smack it with said hammer a few times then replace the starter :)

snowboard3r411

Tail lights and head lights work and dash lights work nothing else. No turn signals, wipers, radio, my gauages don't even work not even the battery gauage

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I would dare say its a bad ground, clean the hell out of your battery/posts first, check to see if your getting full voltage (battery voltage) to your main fuse block.

EDIT: Main ignition fuse?

Last edited:

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Yes, just make sure nothing is dropping on the way in. Then chase it out. Do jeeps have a main ignition fuse? anyone? Sometimes there is a main fuse that protects the ignition system separate from the fuse box. It seems weird that its a few select things that are not working...but hey, i have a yota so what the hell do I know about jeeps.