Front Dana 60

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I don't mean to hijack your sale thread, but are you sure it isn't a Dana 50? I think most 2000 F350s would have a D50 in it.

randy1568

So the difference between a 50 and a 60 is ring gear and pinion size. so that means that a Dana 60 will a 1 5/16 pinion nut and a Dana 50 will have a 1 1/8 pinion nut size. I own a 2000 ford F250 and the pinion nut is a 1 1/8 and the pinion nut on this axle is a 1 5/16. Just trying to defend myself cause i basically feel like all chance of selling this axle is pretty much gone now. lol.

randy1568

Here is my source. thier are about 50 different places that show how their are Dana 50's and Dana 60's in 99-04 superduty's. Here are the 2 best sources of information

1.) Fourwheeler did a huge (and IMO killer write up on this telling people how to be able to identify the differences, here's the link http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...ord-super-duty-dana-50-to-60-front-axle-swap/

2.) Just call Yukon (Randy's ring and Pinion), G2 gear, Motive, or Nitro gear and they will tell you themselves that from 99-04 the difference between the 2 axles is the ring and pinion size and YES their is Dana 60's in 99-04 Ford F-350's!

OK i rest my case! and will now let the verdict be left to the courts. :rofl:

Not trying to be a confrontational just trying to sell an axle! :D

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Glad you did your homework.:) For what it's worth, I think Super Duty 60s (and 50s even) make awesome axles to swap into crawlers. Good luck with your sale!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If you have the big pinion nut, you should be good to go as a D60. :)

I happen to own a 2000 F-350 with a D50. I'll trade you straight across for your worthless D60. :greg:

randy1568

@ Bryson you know man i totally agree! i mean think about a toyota guy for example could potentially buy a Dana 50 for a steal of a deal and then throw it in and have something badass!

Ok well i'm willing to let the Dana 60 go for cheap! someone make me an offer! absolutely willing to come down on price!

Text for fastest response 770-605-6571