Front End wobble

rockkrawler01

Lately I have been having this issue with my front driver wheel wobbling as I hit a certain speed, 40 MPH, Below or above I dont have the issue. I changed out my Ball Joints last weekend, cause I have been told I need to replace those. But after changing those. I still have the same problem. I hit a bump in the road, (and in Ut, there are plenty of those along the way.) I get some really bad wobble. Could it be my U Joint going out as well?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Check your wheel bearing for sure. If it is bad and it's been bad for a while it could have cooked your u-joint as well.

What do you drive? More infomation means better answers.

cheepin

Are you sure it's only the one side?I would lift the front up and check everything over.But the unit bearings are common to going out on these with bigger tires.

rockkrawler01

I changed out the U joint on the drive line and it seemed to help. but hasnt gone away. I can grab my track bar and twist it. I dont know if its suppose to have any play. I checked out the U joint on the axle shaft and that seemed good. the one on the drive line was bad, fell apart when I took it out. I dont get the wobble now when I hit a bump in the road, but I get it when I hit a certain speed or slow down.

M

muddyjeep

I would guess your track bar is worn out. Does it feel like it's shaking back and forth?
I have dealt with the "Death Wobble" allot!

rockkrawler01

So I changed out the drag link on the front end last night, cause I was able to grab it and twist it. I got a different one from Pick n pull. didnt twist. seemed great.. All went well installing. Driving this morning, I hit 36 MPH and above.. I get a worse death wobble than before.. Its both sides.. Could the grag link be bad? Or now with something not twisting how it was, could it be triggering something new that is causing this?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
If you simply swapped it out without at least an "accurate" tape measure alignment, then you will usually get death wobble when the toe is off enough. The usual culprit is the track bar, tighten the piss out of both ends and see if it helps. And of course you want to align the toe. How bad/old is your steering stabilizer?

rockkrawler01

The steering stabilizer isnt in the best of shape, but it seems to be working alright, I think. I didnt measure up the stabilizer before switching it out. I thought it would have been the same exact one I had. swapped it off the same year jeep as mine is. Track bar seems to be ok so far. But I dont know. this is blowing my mind and getting costly with all I have done lately.