Front suspension creaks

Hello guys,

New to the 4x4 lifestyle. I just bought a 2001 dodge Cummins 2500HD with about 170k miles, basically stock other than a lift and 37's. Automatic. the steering is a bit loose, after a alignment it seemed to help but there is still play in the steering. Looking through some of the other threads I've noticed a lot of comments about the Gear box, u joints, ball joints, track bar, steering stabilizers, and steering linkage all playing roles in this. I'm looking into upgrading the front suspension due to a metal on metal creak noise coming from the front when I'm turning slowly. It makes less noise the faster I'm moving while turning. It also Doesn't make any noises while going over bumps, just turning. Any advise on upgrades and or any solutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Coco

My old truck did this while turning as well. The shop said the swaybar end links were bad, so I replaced them. But it still made a clunk or creak noise when turning from time to time. Everything was tight in the front end and steering, but the steering gear box started to seep. My only thought what that was the cause behind the noise was the box going out. Everything else was tight, and that was my next guess. I just never bothered with it as I didn't see any reason too, and sold the truck a few months back to upgrade.