FS: 1988 Toyota 4Runner-22re, SAS

dutchman

KI7KSV
NEW PRICE AND PHOTOS, SEE POST #11

I seem to suffer from the same illness that affects many on this forum: the desire/need to switch vehicles until I find the one that best fits the needs of myself and my family.

For sale: 1988 Toyota 4runner $5,000 or reasonable offer. Located in Clearfield.

Clean title in hand

The rig is currently street legal, safety and emissions completed 4/15. Will hold 70-75 on Freeway.

130,xxx on the odometer (will get actual mileage)

22RE with Engbuilder crawler cam

5 speed manual with a Marlin Crawler Heavy Duty Clutch Kit

Dual t-cases with 4.7's in the rear (223:1 final crawl ratio)
Trail Gear Dual Transfer case HD Skid Plate/x-member
Trail Gear rock sliders

Front:
Solid Axle Swap with '85 front axle with RUF (Toyota rear springs up front). Front diff armor, axle truss, Marlin Crawler Highsteer x-over steering. IFS brake calipers and FJ80 vented rotors. V6 double diaphragm brake booster and 15/16 master cylinder. Toyota E-Locker 3rd with 5.29 gears. Trail Gear 27-spline chromoly birfs. Trail Gear 10in. long travel driveline. Steering box moved forward about 2" using Marlin Crawler relocation kit.

Rear:
Upgraded V6 3rd with Yukon 5.29's and Detroit Locker. Chevy 63's.

Tires:
35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar on black 15x8 simlock wheels, 1/2-3/4 tread remaining.

Other:
Ramsey 9000lb winch with 150ft of Masterpull 3/8 synthetic rope (rated at 21k breaking strength)

Front power seats out of a Mercury Mountaineer

Pioneer deck

SR5 instrument cluster and inclinometer gauges

Rock lights front and rear

Custom front and rear bumpers

Flat-tow bar and hitch

Box of misc. spare parts included.

Current issues, Please Read Carefully: The throwout/clutch release bearing is bad. It drives/shifts just fine when you get going, but it's difficult starting from a stop. I'm planning on replacing it here in the next week or two (willing to talk if someone buys before I get it replaced). The engine burns a bit of oil. I've never had any issues with low oil levels and it only seems to burn when you really get on the throttle. Front tires rub on leaf springs when turning sharply, wheels with different backspacing, width, or larger wheel adapters will fix this (no rubbing when I had 37s and 15x10 wheels on it). Tires could use a balancing, there's a good vibration from 40-50 mph, but it goes away at highway speeds. Driver's seat wobbles a bit, possibly a loose bolt on the seat frame, I haven't looked at it that closely yet. The body and interior are far from perfect as this is a wheeling rig as the above listed parts describe. It has been well used and it shows. New Details Added Below.

Call, text, PM me with questions. Brady 8o1.6o2.57o3

New Price See Post Below.

Willing to entertain trades for decent 4 cyl commuter.

Last edited:

dutchman

KI7KSV
Bumping this back up with a big change.

New Price: $6,200 or reasonable offer

Recently started a new job that looks like it may be taking up a lot of my time in the next few months. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to working on this, so I'm sure there is someone else who can put this to better use than I am able to. I don't need to sell, but will consider reasonable offers.

New Details:

Engine: The 22re is gone. There is a 7MGTE mounted in the engine bay. To have a running truck the fuel lines need to be hooked up, exhaust needs to be modified, intercooler and an electric fan will need to be installed. I recently bought the engine from a member on here (thread:http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...or-85-89-4runner-or-p-u&p=1044946#post1044946 ) Everything included in that post will be included with the truck.

Last edited:

dutchman

KI7KSV
Bumping this back up. I've lost motivation on getting this rig up and running, and I am now very motivated to sell.

Pics:

Call or text: Brady 8o1-6o2-57o3

Price: $5,000 or reasonable offer, motivated to sell.

Will consider trades for: decent 4-door commuter car, 96-99 4runner, 96-99 XJ