FSJ talk

401fsj

looks like to me there is way more fsj people around here than i thought. we should think about a get together. may i will even come if i get my trans rebuilt.ha ha.

401fsj

anyone ever put a cadillac in an fsj? seen or herd of it. Im thinking about doing it have a 472. also what does everyone think of swapping in some rockwells? 700 pounds is heavy! hurt becuse of weight or help make things stable. and the pure muscle

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
anyone ever put a cadillac in an fsj? seen or herd of it. Im thinking about doing it have a 472. also what does everyone think of swapping in some rockwells? 700 pounds is heavy! hurt becuse of weight or help make things stable. and the pure muscle

Go for it.
MrClean on this board has a FSJ with rockwells and a 455.

wagonmaster

ONE TON 'O WAGON

I had a 74 Dodge Powerwagon with a 500 Cadi in it. That thing only got stuck once and we broke three winch cables at the same time trying to pull it out of the mud. A nearby D9 Cat and four logging chains finally did it!:D

ElJefe

uh. . .
I heard of a few guys putting cad 500 in their Waggys. One was so nice, he stretched the wheel base and put widetrack flares on it with 1 ton axles.

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
My plan is to finish with the cage and install the lockers. Fix the tranny, shorten and dovetail the rear. A shackle reversal front, shackle flip the rear. Then wheel the snot out of it! And the usual stuff like bumpers and maybe some boat sides. My plan is a cheap build up. So far so good.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
gonna bump this from 2 and a half years ago :eek:

so i picked this guy up last week. its a 77 Cherokee Chief 'S' with the 401/th400/quadracrap/and d44's front and rear w/ 33" AT's. plans are to get rid of the rust in all 4 of the fenders via sawzall, and then hopefully swap the quadracrap out for a np-something (203, or 205, or 203/205doubler??) and then find a chevy d60 for the front and a matching 14bolt for the rear. i already have some H2's and decent 37's for it, but i dont think the axles would like the 37's, and i really dont feel like dropping dough on wheel adaptors (and theyre dumb). anyway, pics:

Picture3-3.png

Picture5.png

Picture4-2.png

edit: ya'll are probably gonna be hearing alot of dumb noob questions from me, as I'm totally new to anything this old, and i figured many of you have probably gone through the same frusturations i most likely will.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Sweet!

I have a factory manual for that, and a couple gauge clusters. Feel free to PM me w/any questions, I have had 4 of those, plus 2 M-Jeeps-- an M725 and an M715. :D For a long time, I was all FSJ, all the time. :D

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
thanks!! they guy i got it from had it since 1985, and his wife was close to tears as i drove away. she told me that there are quite a few memories in this Jeep.

I know its gonna be a long uphill battle, but i think (and hope) that itll be worth it. i know it wont be the craziest most capable rig out there, but i wanna have fun, and ive always been a fan of old iron; (had a '47 cj2a a few years back).