Fuel Cans-Swiss army surplus....good deal?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
seems pretty good to me. How do they compare to the scepter cans? The last time I looked, they were about 60-70 a piece for scepter which are plastic.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I have 2 of those. I love them. I've had to bite my lip about buying some of Kurt's recent Scepter surplus since my NATO cans work so well. I got mine from a private party for $30 shipped from the east coast. They don't leak a drop! I do need to get some better spouts for them, but not a huge issue.

If you could use a Scepter, Kurt's got some in stock at the moment for $50ish.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...If you could use a Scepter, Kurt's got some in stock at the moment for $50ish.

Yeah baby, they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. After mine took a leaping bounce out of my Tacoma on the WRT and didn't leak a drop, I was sold :D

Attachments

• Temp_Pic 010 (Medium).jpg
    Temp_Pic 010 (Medium).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 91

Taconut

Offroad Addicted
I bought 2 of these last year at Sargeants army surplus in PG, think they were $20. They are great, but ditto on needing a better pour spout. Mine even had little interchangable marker plaques for diesel, gas, oil.

gdtrfb

I have one I got from my dad marked "Wermacht 1943" it does not leak a drop

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I bought 2 of these last year at Sargeants army surplus in PG, think they were $20. They are great, but ditto on needing a better pour spout. Mine even had little interchangable marker plaques for diesel, gas, oil.

Make sure you are using the correct seal in the caps... IIRC, the ones that Seargents had were all diesel cans, which use a rubber seal. The gas seal is made from viton I believe. Rubber won't last too long in a gasoline can.