Fuel economy cause

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I’m happy when my wind catching SxS’s and trailer allow me to hit 7mpg when towing. I’ve been as low as 4mpg in head winds 😭 took 3 stops to get to St. George 💸💸💸

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've heard you can do a pressure test pre and post cat. Just drill a hole small hole that you can tack-weld back closed an exhaust back pressure test gauge to test the pressures. That will for sure let you know what's up with the cats.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I've heard you can do a pressure test pre and post cat. Just drill a hole small hole that you can tack-weld back closed an exhaust back pressure test gauge to test the pressures. That will for sure let you know what's up with the cats.
An IR thermometer can tell you something also. Temps before and after the cat....should be hotter after.

Tebbsjeep

Well I purchased the above tester, and low and behold, my cats flow free as a hippie. I already had new O2s so I installed them after testing each side. No noticable change.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My '12 Hemi very rarely got single digit mpg's. One time I was towing back from Idaho X Rocks in the middle of the night, going 90 into a headwind and I'm pretty sure I got like 8.

DAA

My '13 has MDS but I don't think I've ever driven it gently enough to activate. I have honestly never been able to tell, anyway. But either way, the only times I've ever seen single digit MPG is towing heavy and fast.

- DAA

Tebbsjeep

Well I just drove about 150ish miles on I15 today. I reset the mileage counter to see what the freeway number was. On the way down to Provo I got 12.5 @ 70mph. The way back I peaked at 13.4 @ 65mph.

I think I'm going to stop chasing the issue. My truck just gets what it gets. 8.4 city/12-13 freeway.