Fuela Cell and Smog issues???

Bones

Going to add a cell during this buildup since a friend will build me one to my dimensions for next to nothing. Will this cause any problems once we move to UT? Would I have to buy one from Summit to make it legal, etc....No nothing about smog here in the Midwest :rolleyes:

Man I am making this build up difficult :D Last question guys...I promise :rolleyes:

kb7sei

SEARCH NOOB! Oh, wait, this isn't PBB. :D

However, if you did, you would find a thread I started about this a week or so ago. The consensus was that they are ok, even though smog checks the gas cap and filler neck restrictor. One guy asked his smog guy and heard that it was okay. I'm planning to run a cell on my rig. I should be buying one from Summit next week. I don't suppose your friend wants to build me one while he's at it? :D

Bones

Sorry :eek: Too much tech can be bad :D

I am using the stock filler though, so I should be a-okay! This will be tits! 20 gallon cell for a case or two of beer :D All I need to do is shorten my fuel pump bracket and sending unit and I'm set.

He might start making them. Mine wil be 12 ga. so it'll be BEEFY as well.. he overbuilds everything though

kb7sei

Yeah, we wouldn't want too much tech!

One thing I forgot to mention before, make sure to hook up the EVAP system. It's cake, just a vent line from the tank to the charcoal canister and one from there to the intake manifold. Good luck on the project!

kb7sei

Originally posted by Bones
Thanks, I planed to hook it up just like the stock setup for simplicity anyways. I owe you a beer in a couple months when we are out there :D

Sounds like a plan to me. EMail me when you head out and we can go get that beer. :D

Bring be a fuel cell while you're at it. :D