Full-size leaf spring tech

tv_larsen

This board is lacking some full-size tech. So here's my small project.

Custom rear shackle flip and 56" Chevy rear springs.

Cut the rear mounts off:
f9e68abf.jpg

f9e68b0f.jpg

Clean the frame and paint it:
f9d31ef3.jpg

f9d31ec3.jpg

tv_larsen

56" 1984 GM 3/4 ton 2wd rear springs next to the stock Dodge 51" springs. Center pin is 2" further back on the GM springs. GM springs use 9/16" bolt, Dodge uses 5/8", so I had to drill the bushing sleeves open to 5/8" to get them mounted.
f9b88be6.jpg

Bolt on the RamchargerCentral.Com shackle flip brackets, but install left brack on the right, and the right on the left. This moved the shackle mount point back 1.5". Install custom built 8" long shackles (bushings from Mt Logan).
f9b02cd4.jpg

f9b02cde.jpg

f9b02cca.jpg

The GM front spring eye was a very tight fit in the Dodge mount.
f9b02cd2.jpg

f9b02cce.jpg

I still plan to pull about 3 leaves from each side, and adjust the final ride height with a 1 or 2" block if needed.

Last edited:

harkinoff

something to do...
are you going to soften up that 56" spring pack? Think I left 5 leafs is all on my setup.. You will be really happy with the 56" springs, they flex real nice..

tv_larsen

harkinoff said:
are you going to soften up that 56" spring pack? Think I left 5 leafs is all on my setup.. You will be really happy with the 56" springs, they flex real nice..
Yes, they currently have 7 leaves and an overload. I think I'll pull 2 leaves and the overload from both sides.