full width axles on a toyota q's

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Well I may be at it again..... But if I go full width on a mini what do I need to do legal issues? A buddie said to get dually fenders :rofl:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Skyetone said:
Well I may be at it again..... But if I go full width on a mini what do I need to do legal issues? A buddie said to get dually fenders :rofl:

I have full width D44/9inch axles on mine, 65 and 66 inches wide. 15x8 wheels with 3.5 inch offset, and I could easily cover them completely with some good Bushwacker or Warn flares. I have 36SXs, and they only stick out about 6 inches.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Skyetone said:
where is your right up on the swap?

In my head...

I was thinking of you..... what did you do for brakes?

Used the stock Ford brakes, just adapted the brake lines over to SAE ends. I do have plans to go discs on the rear, and maybe step up to an FJ80 master cylinder. I bought some 28 inch stainless braided lines from McNees, they're about the right length.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Yea Yea Yea.... runner gets a front 44 (the side I am most interested in) with strait shackles, then the fun begins with a toy rear axle. didn't you go full with rear too?

No good pics on the front axle? Looks like you just inboarded the perches on the drivers side, but what did you do for pass side?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Skyetone said:
Yea Yea Yea.... runner gets a front 44 (the side I am most interested in) with strait shackles, then the fun begins with a toy rear axle. didn't you go full with rear too?

No good pics on the front axle? Looks like you just inboarded the perches on the drivers side, but what did you do for pass side?

The rear is a Ford 9 inch, not 'yota.

The front is done with sleeves through the frame and offset shackles, similar to Allpro's. You can stop by if you want and poke around at it.