Full_M3tal's 1986 4RNR

I bought this 4RNR in febuary 2007. It was stock, until i got a hold of it.

The specs:

Engine & Drivetrain:

22RE, Displacement: 2366, HP:105@4800, Torque: 137@2800

5-speed Automatic transmission

Front Axle: Detroit TrueTrac, 5.29 ratio.

Rear Axle: Aussie locker, 5.29 ratio.

Steering, Suspension & Tires:

(SAS Kit) Trail Gear front leaf springs (5" lift)

Trail Gear 57" leaf springs (5" lift)

Street lock 15X10 rims

Mickey Thompsons 37x13x15 dick cepek

U-bolt flip

Trail Gear Steering Stabilizer

Trail Gear Hy-Steer Crossover Steering

Bilstien 12" Front Shocks

Bilstien 12" Rear Shocks

Needs Front Drive Shaft, (Tom Woods)

Exterior:

Color code 557 (Cream/Crème)

Interior:

Brown And Creme

Accessories:

Flying J, 40 channel CB Radio

Favorite Trails:

Have Not Had A Chance To Go On Any Yet.

Plans For Future:

Hydro Steering Assit.

Exo Cage

Pictures:

Before And After:

picture001rs7.jpg

2605323_58_full.jpg

The Build Up Page: http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=140640

Modest_Killing

Durka Durka Der
I Only Had 5 Pounds Of Pressure In My Tires, I Made It Up Waynes World. Started Up The Eagles Nest, And Got My Tires On Top. Just Wish I Had A Winch.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I Only Had 5 Pounds Of Pressure In My Tires, I Made It Up Waynes World. Started Up The Eagles Nest, And Got My Tires On Top. Just Wish I Had A Winch.

badass 4runner! how do you like the stree/offroad feel and characteristics of the Trail Gear springs so far?? i'm probably looking at the 4" TG springs(i've got saggy 5" ALLPRO with super cut fenders... figure i'll be better off with 4" and supercut fenders so i'm not sky high)...

and uh... you know... U4's raffling off a brand new WARN winch this weekend at the OffRoad Expo... good chances to win...

nice toyota again!

-Jason

Modest_Killing

Durka Durka Der
badass 4runner! how do you like the stree/offroad feel and characteristics of the Trail Gear springs so far?? i'm probably looking at the 4" TG springs(i've got saggy 5" ALLPRO with super cut fenders... figure i'll be better off with 4" and supercut fenders so i'm not sky high)...

and uh... you know... U4's raffling off a brand new WARN winch this weekend at the OffRoad Expo... good chances to win...

nice toyota again!

-Jason

Street It Is Fine, Just Need More Horse Power.

Offroad.... You Will Need A Front Trac Bar Because There Is Axle Wrap. I Had My Drive Shaft Fall Out Twice On Me. Built A Trac Bar And Bent The **** Out Of It Because I Put It On The Wrong Side Of The Axle. So I Will Be Fabbing One That Goes From The Front Of The Axle To The Front Perches, With A Slip Yoke.

And I Will Also Need To Cut And Turn My Axle (Front) So My Pinion Is On A Less Of An Angle.

Also Use A 1979-85 Solid Axle Front Drive Line (Drive Shaft). They Have A 35 Degree Angle, And The IFS Has A 20-23 Degree Angle.

It Flexs Great, Rides Awesome.

My Cousin Was Following Me To The Snakes And Said. My Truck Acted Like A New Car. Suspension Went Up And Down And The Body Was Smooth As Glass WHen Driving Down The Freeway.

Also My Frame Height is 30" (Ground To Bottom Of Frame) 6" Above Utah Law. And I Still Have Not Been Pulled Over Yet.

5" Lift With 37" Tires Was Just Enough Room To Clear My Fenders, Still Tries Try To Rip Off The Innner Plastic On The Front Fenders. When I'm Flexed Out. I Also Took A 2 1/2 Pound Hammer And Pounded In The Rib Behind The Plastic. I Was Afraid It Would Cut Into The Tire.

Also I Got All The Trail Gear Parts From Worldwide off-road.

Next Modifications:

New Cam, Bore Out Head.
Turbo.
2 1/2" Exhaste.
Exo Cage.
Winch.
Half Doors.

Hopefully In That Order

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
yeah i already have a sustom front driveline... best way to go..

i bet my 5" saggy springs are closer to roughly 4" springs now... and my fenders are cut quite a bit... VERY little rubbage in full flex when the front stuffs in there... just go to town with a sawzall or cut off wheel...

2.5" exhaust is probably the best thing i've done to mine... abit more power, and it sounds better too...

here's my 4runner----> HERE

Modest_Killing

Durka Durka Der
Thats An Awesome Runner Man.

I Just Got Done Building A Anti Wrap Bar For Front Of Mine, No Pictures Though. Just One I Mde On Paint...

2605323_82_full.jpg

I Tested It On The Mound Of Dirt Out Our Shop. Seem To Work Great. But I'm Really Going To Test It Out At LIL Moab This Sunday.

I Am Also Going To Try And Get Some Exhaast Done On It Before We Go. If I Get Time.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I Just Got Done Building A Anti Wrap Bar For Front Of Mine, No Pictures Though. Just One I Mde On Paint....

i'm interested to know how that'l work out.. keep us posted...

oh, and btw.. the pic of you attempting the Eagles Nest is kinda doctored ;) that tree in the backgound is s'possed to be straight... :p

what shop do you work for? and who'r all them toyota guys your rollin with?

-Jason

Attachments

• robbieeaglesnest2.jpeg
    robbieeaglesnest2.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15

Modest_Killing

Durka Durka Der
I Actually Work For KFC. But World Wide Offroad, Is Something We Just Started About 2 Months Ago.

Right Now We Are Building A Rollbar, And Putting Power Steering On A 69 FJ40. For Some Guy From Vails, Co. We Met Him In CM06.

All The Other Toyotas, Are My Uncle, Dad, Friends, And Dads Friends.

When We Wen't We Had 4 FJ40's, 2 Minis, And 2 Runners. My Brother Has A Black Ruuner. But His Water Pump Belt Broke In Half And Didn't Have An Extra So He Had To Leave It On The Trailer.

The Front Traction Bar Works Great. Just Need A Longer Slip Yoke On The Drive Shaft. So I'm Going To Stop By Tom Woods Tomorrow Morning To See What He Can Do.

KyleWS

verry nice... i always see yours and that bobbed black one at KFC Sick trucks i love the new bumper you have on there i would like to see with the 37's