Future of Wasatch Canyons by survey

rollover

On Nov. 4th and 5th, open houses were held throughout Salt Lake Valley to help determine public desires for our local canyons' future. If you were unable to attend one of those, as I was unable to attend, you can take the survey online to help promote what you envision as the best future for our canyons.

The website is: www.wasatchcanyons.slco.org
Take a moment to check out the results of the first survey
then take survey round #2 to express your thoughts and concerns.

If you're interested, please take a moment and let your thoughts be known.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rollover

Takes a while to get to the first question about 25% of the way through.

This survey looks to be heavly backed by UTA to expand rail and bus service.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just took the survey.

For those that take the time to do so, please comment on motorized uses in the canyon, even though they never ask for it. Right now there is just one trail open to ATV's/dirtbikes and that is Mineral Fork. They have one by one pulled the others out from under us.

rollover

Happy to post the link.

We all need to express our views as to the use of our canyons.

I agree with Kurt when he says "please comment on motorized uses".

I added comments on the lack of trails and area there of for off road use. I know watershed is a major issue but we can still have off road trails to enjoy the canyons more.

Don't let your voice go unheard.

I need some educating. This watershed thing has always seemed to me to be a bogus excuse.

Tell me how a thousands of cars in a parking lot is worse than a few 4x4's on a dirt road? Or all the cars going up and down the canyon where the runoff goes directly into the creek, which is usually within a few feet of the road? Or how dog poop is worse than critter poop?

rollover

Thanks for taking the time to take the survey!

Watershed is used as an excuse for sure to restrict access of any motorized vehicle. After all we all know trails have gone thru "watershed" areas since the beginning of time. Caves and Mines with water running in them or by them have always been an excuse to close areas as well.

With todays water purification systems we can take toxic water and make it into bottled water to drink. Look at Iraq. Those type of systems are already in the canyons even to the point of adding fluoride to the water.

UTA is pushing for more money from the feds. They would love to see public support for more buses and tracks thru this. They have alot at stake on the outcome here long term.

The last thing I want to see is the canyons becoming mass transit only access. Waiting for a bus/tracks to go up the canyon than have to wait for one to come back down. What a JOKE!

Tell your friend to take a few minutes to take the survey.

Thanks

Last edited: