G2 hubs vs Superwinch Dana 50

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
So I ran Superwinch hubs on my Ford IDI diesel (kingpin 60) truck back in the day to replace the troublesome Mile Markers that were on it when I bought it. I loved the Superwinch hubs and they reminded me a lot of Toyota’s Aisin hubs internally. For my needs they worked great.

Today I was looking around and was sad to see Superwinch no longer offers selectable hubs—it would appear so anyway.. I did (and this might be old news) notice the G2 hubs look almost identical to the old Superwinch hubs. Pretty sure they are made in China which kinda steers me away but overall I think they might be a clone.. price is right around $140 for the set. Does anyone have any first hand experience with these hubs?

I can’t find anything for a Ford Dana 50 unit bearing axle but they do offer them for the Ford Dana 60 unit bearing axle with 30spline outers which I’m pretty sure are the exact same thing. Sound about right? Thanks for any advice..

For the record I’m having a hard time springing for the Warn Premiums as they’re pretty expensive.. probably get what you pay for though huh 🤔

Pics! Cuz everyone loves pics

DB9E30EA-E089-441C-9F3D-D8F29A669D49.jpeg9AE41CFD-2F60-4455-B01E-95BA5288AD4F.jpeg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have a set of these on the shelf. I ran them on my 100 series (with Ford knuckles/unit bearings) until they drove me crazy with noise. When locked they were fine, but unlocked they made a squeaking/rubbing noise. I tracked it down to one of them, took it apart and there's a brass thrust washer looking part that was galled and stupid. I polished it a little and greased it up (it was dry), but I haven't used it again. I put stock Ford hubs back on because they work, even though they're ugly.

So....I can't say I had the best experience. I didn't pay for Warn though, so there's that. If you want to try them out, I could be talked into selling them....

1969honda

Supporting Member
What's the Warn part number you need? I might have a new in the box set on the shelf that will never get used since I switched to a 2008 SD 60 front axle. Part number on the box is 11690. They aren't premiums but they are new and I'd make a smoking deal on them for you.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Thanks guys! I appreciate the offers too. I did some digging and the D50 on my 99 F250 uses the plain ol’ Dana 60 (with 30 spline) hubs found on most all the older GM, Ford and Dodge trucks. Should help narrow it down in the future.