G2 R&P Gears

SRSCOUT

Outside the Box
I am regearing my sons F-150 from 3.54's to 4.10. For the 9" rear I have seen good deals on G2 brand gears (I have a set of Dana/Spicer gears for the front 44). I have no experience with this brand and was wondering if anyone had used it? Quality etc. Thanks.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I think they are the 4 Wheel Parts gears? I don't have any real experience with G2 but I prefer to spend a few extra bucks for quality stuff on something like that vs "trying something out".

SRSCOUT

Outside the Box
Yea, that's where I saw them I think. The only other gears I am really familiar with are Dana, but they don't have them for the 9" as far as i can tell. I did find Yukon, but I haven't had any experience with them either.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I’ve installed a few Yukon sets. Been a few years. I’ve setup some cheap gear sets in the past and swore a lot or had them be fine. Personally I’d buy a quality gear set. Way worth it

SnwMnkys

Yea, that's where I saw them I think. The only other gears I am really familiar with are Dana, but they don't have them for the 9" as far as i can tell. I did find Yukon, but I haven't had any experience with them either.

Youve never seen Spicer or SVL gears for a Ford 9"?

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
I have setup and used Yukon, Dana, USA standard, Motive, Nitro, and Trail gear. Hands down Dana is my favorite, just Seam the easiest to setup. Never had a problem with any of them though.