Game of "B.I.K.E." - beginner version

sixstringsteve

I stole this idea from Pinkbike. It's like "HORSE" in basketball, but on a bicycle. Here are the rules:

1) There will be a weekly trick everyone has to attempt. Let's keep it beginner level; no tailwhips here. :D 10-second cell-phone videos are just fine.

2) Everyone else has a week to learn the trick and then post a video of themselves doing it. Other players will be the judge of whether or not you were able to "clean" it. All videos must be posted in this thread by midnight every Monday.

3) Those who can't do it, get a letter. Those who can do it move on without a letter.

4) Once you have all the letters of "BIKE", you're out of the competition.

5) We take turns being the trick leader and deciding on the trick for the week (see the schedule below). New tricks are expected to be added every Monday before midnight. If you don't post up your new trick in time, you get a letter (to keep the flow going).

6) Last man standing wins.

The goal isn't to destroy the competitors, but to present a trick that's slightly out of our skill level, so we have a week to learn it.

Who's in? Feel free to invite your kids to play along if they want.

SCOREBOARD (* = Pass)

tricks: Manual, front tire turn and balance, track stand, bunny hop, 5-rear tire hop + rideaway, 90* +90*, 180* hop,

sixstring (new trick video for 10/22/13) - ******B
jeeper (new trick video for 10/28/13) - ******B
193kyle (new trick video for 11/5/13 - *******
dugfab (new trick video for 11/18/13) - *BI****
gravesdiggerxj (new trick video for 11/26/13) - ****B*I
gertsch (new trick video for 12/2/13) - *B*****
Rholbrook (new trick video for 12/9/13) - ****BIK
Harrisson (new trick video for 12/16/13) - ****BIK
Cascadia (new trick video for 12/23/13) - *******
Chocflip201 (new trick video for 12/30/13) - B***I*K

People who are out:
GoingUp - BIKE
TJDukit - BIKE
RockTaco - B*IK
pELYgroso - B*IKE
UNSTUCK - *BIKE
Maldito X - *B*IKE
deviant - *B**IKE

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I'll start.

Trick 1: Manual off a curb. To clean this trick, your back wheel must land before the front wheel. Also, you must be coasting when you begin your wheelie (no using the pedals to pop up the front tire).

If you want to go above and beyond and get fancy, see how slow you can do it, and how long you can manual before the curb.

[video=youtube_share;L6GRG6yMqUs]http://youtu.be/L6GRG6yMqUs[/video]

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Id be down but i suck at the video thing.

Just have a friend/neighbor hold your phone and take a quick video of you doing it. then throw it up on YT. No fancy editing required, just proof that you did it.

If that's too tough, just report back on how you did on each trick.

sixstringsteve

I think you misunderstood. Everyone has a week to do it. It's not a race, but if you can't do it in a week, you get a letter.