Garage Opener Light

rholbrook

I am having a hard time keeping my lights in my garage door openers from buring out. I dont think they ever last more than a month or two tops. Anyone else having this problem? My openers are Lift Masters.

I just installed some LED lights in them both so we will see if those hold up.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I've been replacing with LED and I've been impressed how they have held up. The garage door opener lights have a lot more vibration than other places so that kills normal incandescent bulbs, I swapped mine out about a year ago with LED and so far I haven't had one go out.

Bucking Bronco

I never had to change the light in my old house after 11 years and they were lift masters. My new house I just moved in to has 4 lift masters and all but one were out.

airmanwilliams

Slowly been replacing everything in our home with leds. We have a large hanging light in our living room that had 12 of those candlabra style lights in it and I believe each of those were 25W so I went and had my led supplier send me 12 of these 3W lights in warm white color and they put out more light than the incandescent bulbs and also saved us a TON since we use this light quite a few hours of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    726.9 KB · Views: 17

193kyle

Be careful with some of the LED bulbs as they can emit a small amount of radio frequency that can interfere with your remotes. Also check the inside of the sockets and make sure the contacts are clean, a loose bulb connection will burn up this inside of the socket in a hurry. Lastly, you can buy heavy duty garage door opener light bulbs that hold up to the vibrations a lot better(you can find these at Lowes/Home Depot).

ricsrx

The fixture base on my lift master will not accept the larger base florescent bulbs that i bought, in retaliation i found a 100 watt bulb to put in, it will probable start the house on fire...

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I had the same problem with the light fixtures on the outside of the garage. I'd replace bulbs every month or two but after going to LED they have been fine nearly a year. I guess the other this is the LED bulbs have a warranty on them so if they did go out and you wanted to you could send them in to be replaced. Probably too much hassle but its an option.

rholbrook

Update. It's been nearly 14 months with the same LED lights in my Lift Master. One stopped work and when I would twist on it it would come on so I unplugged my opener which is 14' high and unscrewed the bulb and pulled the contact tab up and it works good again. Since then I replaced my four garage lights with some nice bright LED bulbs. I love the light in my garage now.