gear ratio

mikeytheboarder

my buddy needs to fix his 4runner it has mismatch gears front and rear. How does he find out the ratio on both? is there an easy way? The front is IFS, he needs this done soon. If its hard anyone want to do it for some $$>?
either pm me
or email
mikeytheboarder@aol.com
thanks

chans

my buddy needs to fix his 4runner it has mismatch gears front and rear. How does he find out the ratio on both? is there an easy way? The front is IFS, he needs this done soon. If its hard anyone want to do it for some $$>?
either pm me
or email
mikeytheboarder@aol.com
thanks

Mark the drive shaft and the tire and spin the tire 10 times. If the drive shaft goes around 41 times then it is 4.10s 39 times 3.90 etc.

Last edited:

billylight

jack it up and mark the tire and the drive shaft. count how many turns of the drive shaft it takes to turn the tire once. if it takes 4.1ish turns then you have 4.10s if it takes 4.8ish turns then you have 4.88s and so on. all that number means is how many revolution of the drive shaft it takes to turn the the tire one revolution. that is why it is called a ratio and the number is always compared to 1 (5.29 to 1). easier than turning the tire 10 times and really your choices are not many so it should be obvious.( 3.90, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56, 4.88, 5.29, 5.71)