generators

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I run a EU200i in the fifth wheel. It powers everything I need. Bought a second one the other day and built my own parallel kit for under $10.00. Runs the AC and all.

There is no better gen than the Honda EU2000i for what it does.

can you only put the hondas in a parallel kit? can other generators do it as well?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
can you only put the hondas in a parallel kit? can other generators do it as well?

I had a Honda EU2000I until it got stolen. :mad:

The Honda was great, but I wanted one with a bit extra power. The Yamaha EF2400iS can be run with another one. However, they're about 25 lbs. heavier and a little more expensive though.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
How much juice do you think you would need to run a well pump?

Can any generator be paralleleleleleld or do they have to be built that way?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Which well pump?

They have to be built that way.

I am on a well at my house. If the power goes out I don't have water(except for what is in the bladder already). For short time it's fine for extended it would run out. I figure I might as well get one that can multitask:confused:

Corban_White

How big is the pump? 746 watts = 1 horsepower

Don't forget that the pump is likely rated at running hp and to start an electric motor requires more power than running. See here for help on figuring it out.

EDIT: these ratings may seem like they are very conservative, but remember that if you try and start a motor with insufficient power you run the risk of damaging the motor.

EDIT #2: You really don't have cullinary water at your house???

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
How big is the pump? 746 watts = 1 horsepower

I will figure out how big it is.

Don't forget that the pump is likely rated at running hp and to start an electric motor requires more power than running. See here for help on figuring it out.

good link thanks

EDIT: these ratings may seem like they are very conservative, but remember that if you try and start a motor with insufficient power you run the risk of damaging the motor.

EDIT #2: You really don't have cullinary water at your house???

Nope just a well. It is good clean water though. really hard, but clean(I feel a thats what she said joke coming on).
If I want to hook up to city water I have to annex into the city and then fill in my well. I can't just put concrete in it. I have to pay a well guy like 5000 dollars to put concrete in it.

ID Bronco

Nope just a well. It is good clean water though. really hard, but clean(I feel a thats what she said joke coming on).
If I want to hook up to city water I have to annex into the city and then fill in my well. I can't just put concrete in it. I have to pay a well guy like 5000 dollars to put concrete in it.

X2 at my house.

I bought a big 8000 watt one for the house. It can run the pump and refer and freezer.