GET READY......NEW MONUMENTS COMING JUST IN TIME FOR EJS

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I just got the following from the AMA

AMA objects to unilateral action by the Administration for National Monument designation without public debate! Take Action!

Contact your senators today

On Monday, March 25, President Obama will unilaterally announce the designations of five new National Monuments under the Antiquities Act of 1906 without first holding public debate. This action will limit recreational opportunities on public lands and represents an overreach by the executive branch.

The American Motorcyclist Association opposes any unilateral executive declarations that do not allow full public debate on the disposition of public lands. Indeed, each of these designations deserves to be considered individually to allow time for thoughtful deliberation and input from all affected user groups, local and state elected officials and Congress before any proclamations are made pursuant to the Antiquities Act.

The designation of a National Monument is significant for recreational opportunities and local economies. While there are cultural and historical landmarks that deserve the designation of National Monument, the AMA believes Congress and the public must be consulted before any action is taken.

The AMA urges its members to contact their federal elected officials and request that they oppose further administration attempts to unilaterally designate National Monuments. Send a letter to your senators today by following the “Take Action” option. Urge them to support S. 104, a bill introduced by U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), which would amend the Antiquities Act of 1904 to require future National Monuments to receive congressional approval before designation.

AmericanMotorcyclist.com
Alert Center
Contribute to the Cause
State Legislation
Motorcycle State Laws
Register to Vote

Last edited:

SportSawyer

Here's the leaked list:

".... Rio Grande del Norte National Monument in New Mexico;
First State National Monument in Delaware;
Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Monument in Maryland;
Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument in Ohio;
and San Juan Islands National Monument in Washington state."

The above is from the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...ef6eba-9353-11e2-8e33-9cc6c739d012_story.html

I saw the same list from other news sources. But there's no official announcement yet, so things could change.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Here's the leaked list:

".... Rio Grande del Norte National Monument in New Mexico;
First State National Monument in Delaware;
Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Monument in Maryland;
Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument in Ohio;
and San Juan Islands National Monument in Washington state."

The above is from the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...ef6eba-9353-11e2-8e33-9cc6c739d012_story.html

I saw the same list from other news sources. But there's no official announcement yet, so things could change.

Thanks for posting this. My heart about dropped when I read "San Juan". My mind read "San Rafael". :eek:

I'll have to look up these areas and be thankful there's no Utah in the list.