Glasspacks

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
mbryson said:
Flowmasters can/will survive rocks quite impressively

I don't doubt it. But from my experience having the muffler tucked up above the frame, the only thing I need to worry about is a broken Driveshaft, and my Magnaflow survived that. Both are tough mufflers.

ALF

SURE!?
I really don't have a issue with room under my blazer so I'm running 2 Dynomax thrush mufflers. Flow well, were only $15 and are about perfect loudness wise for me. I don't really see the point in glasspacks unless you are limited by space and with flowmaster you are really just paying for the sound alot of other mufflers perform just as well or better, it all depends on your current application.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
When I owned a 5.0 Mustang I used to read a lot of the mustang mags and I still read Carcraft and Hotrod. I have seen a lot of mufler comparos and I can't ever remember magnaflow coming out on top on a dyno or 1/4 test. I am sure it probably has happened but I don't recall seeing it. Flowmaster often wins.

I know Master muffler and many other shops push Magnaflow hard. I have no proof but I really beleive the profit margin must be much higher than for other brands.

And again I say that a Magnaflow is very similar to a glass pack. It is packed with steel wool instead of fiberglass and is larger so it holds more packing but the concept is the same.