Gnarly bulletproof smartphone cases

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
I've killed 2 Otterbox's and a LifeProof case with my iphone5. The current Magpul case has been doing ok so far, but it's starting to show the wear and tear, and we also just preordered new iPhone 6s's, so time to upgrade. I don't feel I'm that hard on phones, but my track record shows otherwise. All cases I've seen look like they'd snap in half just putting it in my pocket. Anyone use an aluminum 2-piece or other "armored" case? These stupid phones aren't cheap, so I want it to last.

Tonkaman

How do you manage to break the other cases? I work construction and haven't been able to break any of my lifeproof cases. Maybe it's just modification of habits to save the phone

Pike2350

Do you need a waterproof case? I use a Urban Assault Gear case with a tempered glass stick on screen protector... The reviews I watched showed very good results and after 2 years I have a tiny crack in the screen protector only. The reviews had them hitting the screen with a hammer and only cracking the protector....for the case they dropped it from about 8 feet and crackecd the unprotected screen only...the phone still worked fine... convinced me

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
How do you manage to break the other cases? I work construction and haven't been able to break any of my lifeproof cases. Maybe it's just modification of habits to save the phone

it got smashed between my leg and a rollcage down during KOH prerunning this year. then the plastic screen protector started separating.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
dont need waterproof. honestly, the MAGPUL one has been the best so far. I ordered cheapo case off amazon so ive got something when the phone shows up. after that, more cases will be on the market, and ill have better selection.