Going camping need location advise.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I just recently bought a fifth wheel and I want to take my family out somewhere close for the first trip just in case I run into any problems/bugs.

I usually camp in the high uintas, or near skyline drive but I really want to keep it closer to home (Draper).

Where would you suggest a good "dry" (Dry meaning I dont need hook-ups or even a campground) camping spot is that isnt too far from draper, but has forest and possibly a lake or river near by?
Keep in mind I have to be able to pull a 38 foot trailer and still get around. So no switchbacks, or tight areas.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. This was a surprise to me, and the trip is coming up soon. I really dont want to drive 3 hours 1 way, or go somewhere where it isnt any cooler than it is in draper or slc.

Growing up our family only went to a few areas, and we stuck to them, now that I have a trailer I have to learn new areas to go to and such.

ANy help is appreciated.

Jer

O'neal

?????????
We have a few camp area's The fam and I go to here in wyo.It's up by labarge on labarge creek at an area named little fall and big fall creek.It's In the mountain's,in the pine's also has some of the best creek fishing around.The best part is...NOBODY is around.
I can make it there in an hour from evanston,towing would take alittle longer depending on the way you go.I realize it maybe alittle far for ya but it is really nice and worth it.Just a thought for ya if you ever want to get out of your neck of the wood's and want to go somewhere different,away from everyone.:)
If your a fisherman or want to check it out beforehand let me know,I'll be up there sometime by the end of august for a fish trip and hang out for the day.

Cory

There are a lot of spots around Strawberry (both in and out of campgrounds) that could support a 38 foot trailer.