Going Cold Turkey off of Mtn Dew

00Buck

Day 2 of my struggle to kick the Dew habit. Trying to loose some gut and get back into shape. Last night I was so damn ornery. I call mtn dew my motivator.

Any suggestions for the chills and the nightmares?

Bart

Hang in there. I did the same thing with Diet Dr Pepper a couple years ago. Just went cold turkey, but I still had my coffee in the morning. It was tough at first, but now if I take a sip, it almost gags me.

Meat_

Banned
Quiting is not hard if you want it.

I went from 4~6+ 32oz'rs a day to none. Had my 5th one just before midnight and haven't had another since.... that was '00 or maybe '99

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
Drink lots of water, if youre not thirsty you wont want a drink. I know that I quit the Dew a couple months ago and recently had a drink of it. Made me sick after one drink. You dont notice how bad it is until you drink some again after quitting.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Just sweat it out.... I did that in 91, I ran a movie theater and I measured that I was drinking A GALLON a day. Ridiculous.

Mt. Dew used to be 3rd in caffeine behind Jolt and coffee. For the same ounces. :eek:

00Buck

Maybe I should start a support group like AA.
My wifie keeps asking why I am so dang edgie.

Maybe she should try going without Bon Bons and the Telephone.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Man quitting Mtn Dew I guess thats what old guys do to past the time nowadays!! Pretty lame I drink tons of it a day-no gut here pops:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
WJ ZUK said:
Man quitting Mtn Dew I guess thats what old guys do to past the time nowadays!! Pretty lame I drink tons of it a day-no gut here pops:D

[sticking tongue out]ppppppplllllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhh[/sticking tongue out]

{Herzog, we need a smilie like that}

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Quit the Dew a couple months ago.....like people have said, just drink water. Definately makes it easier if you have something. I just carry around my water bottle now.

The other hard one to quit (aka cut back on) would be beer.....but who wants to stop that?? :p

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i cant believe nobody has suggested it yet......

replace that dew with a bud........

you will forget about the caffeine in a hurry.:greg:

i go through this every year, i drink pepsi and dew all winter long, but as soon as the sweaty seasons come around, i drink nothing but water. i have a 52 oz. mug that i fill up 4-7 times in a 12 hour shift.

after a few days of nothing but water, you wont even want a dew.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
people seriously have addiction to mt. dew? just drink water.

the only carbonation I drink is beer--which isn't very carbonated. I used to drink lots of soda then I realized how much suger is in it so I stopped. Plus I save 1.50 every day at lunch that I drink water. It was a few years ago but I don't remember ever craving a soda after I stopped. I only drank maybe 48 oz a day so maybe I wasn't drinking as much as you guys.

I would keep drinking beer but it's too damn good. I have cut down a bunch though.

Cody

Kramnden

Hello.

My name is Cam... and I'm a Pepsi-holic.
Been off the carbonation for about 5 months now.
Everytime I see that glorious blue can stare into my eyes, it makes me want to take it to bed... .... not really....

EKSJAE said:
after a few days of nothing but water, you wont even want a dew.

BTW this worked for me.

00Buck

This is low in calories but very satisfying.

Attachments

• ATT000241.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

WJL

Water here can't stand soda.
Like said above tons of sugar, read somewhere that if you quit more than likely you can loose 10lbs.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I've tried to quit all carbonated/caffeinated beverages a few times... never works. They taste so good! The only way I can ever really force myself to eat/drink healthy is if I go to the gym in the morning. After that, I hate to ruin a morning workout with candy/pop. But if I'm not regularly at the gym, I can't resist. (As I type this, I'm snacking on Doritos and a 1 liter DP. I'm going to hell!) Last time I attempted quitting, I blamed my lapse on Maverick - they had (2) 1 liters for $2! That's too good of a deal to pass up!

JoeT

I'm trying to cut back on the Pepsi/Mtn. Dew but worse..... Vault. Pepsi and Mtn. Dew can mess me up sometimes. Vault I can drink and have good energy for most of the day till 10pm. I'm slowly trying to drink more water. Sure there's a open Vault right here that I'm drinking as I'm typing this....

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
JeepinJoe said:
I'm trying to cut back on the Pepsi/Mtn. Dew but worse..... Vault. Pepsi and Mtn. Dew can mess me up sometimes. Vault I can drink and have good energy for most of the day till 10pm. I'm slowly trying to drink more water. Sure there's a open Vault right here that I'm drinking as I'm typing this....

kidney stones. thats a good reason to stop drinking soda and start drinking water. i have known a few guys who drink nothing but dew, that have had a real problem with kidney stones.