Going to Tres Hombres

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Los Harmonos in Provo and by AF is ok. I was never overly impressed with the red i. either ... ok, but never understood all the fuss

yakinaked

I guess when you're space dining you don't know the difference

Dude, Cody - are you kidding me? You think El Chihuahua > Tres Hombres? I've got to side with Brett on this one - El Chihuahua blows monkey richard compared to Tres Hombres. So El Chihuahua has the mighty "Death Star" - big deal, their food is aweful. Red Iguana is better than Tres Hombres, but how can you even mention El Chihuahua in the same breath with Tres Hombres and Red Iguana? That's disapointing coming from you man, very disapointing. :-\

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
OMG...the Rio Grande Cafe is amazing! I have been dreaming of eating there since I moved to SLC.....and I am still waiting.-_-

I drank A LOT of AMF on my birthday at the sky bar......blue drinks are bad too. :p

Caleb

That may be the case but neither of us were very impressed with the food at all. It may be that there are certain dishes that are better, but not the best first impression.

As for Tres Hombres, the food that I have had there had more flavor than Iguana.

Bad day for the chef maybe? Who knows.
yeah, we went to Red Iguana for lunch with about a dozen guys, the only one that liked it was the one that suggested it. I most likely won't be wasting my money there again.

Some good mexican is The Merry Piglets up in Jackson :p

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Dude, Cody - are you kidding me? You think El Chihuahua > Tres Hombres? I've got to side with Brett on this one - El Chihuahua blows monkey richard compared to Tres Hombres. So El Chihuahua has the mighty "Death Star" - big deal, their food is aweful. Red Iguana is better than Tres Hombres, but how can you even mention El Chihuahua in the same breath with Tres Hombres and Red Iguana? That's disapointing coming from you man, very disapointing. :-\

Are you serious? Trest Hombres is no different than La Puente or cancun cafe. Same cheap crap but more expensive.

Death stars are nasty. Have you had the Enchilada sauce at El Chuhuahua? Or the Chile Relleno? Or their fresh salsa?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
io.gif

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I believe that we may have to have an RME Mexican Restaurant Tour. Red Iguana, Tres Hombres, El Chuhuahua, La Puente, Ect. Ect. Then, and only then can we have a consensus on what is the best Mexican in town.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
OMG...the Rio Grande Cafe is amazing! I have been dreaming of eating there since I moved to SLC.....and I am still waiting.-_-

I drank A LOT of AMF on my birthday at the sky bar......blue drinks are bad too. :p

Call us, we''ll go with you too. Angie and I eat there about once a week.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Los Harmonos in Provo and by AF is ok. I was never overly impressed with the red i. either ... ok, but never understood all the fuss

I've never been to the places you people are talking about, but Los Hermanos down in the UC is pretty stinkin' good. When my wife was pregnant, she craved their salsa, which I couldn't complain about.

NoRig

I've never been to the places you people are talking about, but Los Hermanos down in the UC is pretty stinkin' good. When my wife was pregnant, she craved their salsa, which I couldn't complain about.

Los Hermanos is what I would consider Americanized Mexican food. Not very authentic but it's good though!

I will have to side with all those that say they don't understand the hype about the Red-Ig. A co-worker and myself were in SLC for meetings and the desk clerk at the motel suggested it so we went. Long story short we both felt it was a waste of money and neither of us will be back.