Good CB Radio shop in Provo area?

kulangflow

Greetings,

I have a new CB Radio that I'd like to get installed and tuned properly.

Does anyone know of a good (reputable) shop in Utah county (Provo area)?

Thanks!

Brian

2INSANE

Last I heard, there's one at or near sapp bros off i215 slc? Give them a call. U in market to buy or get tuned or tricked?

kulangflow

I have a good radio and a decent antenna. I just need to install it and get it tuned. I'll try it myself and see what happens. Thanks for your response!

2INSANE

What kind of radio and antenna? If u need help let me know. I've installed many CB radios, mounts, coax, antennas, done many tunes, and not had a complaint yet;) If u can, put the antenna in the rear so it avoids getting broke from trees and such. Run your positive and neg straight to ur battery. Autozone sells those adapters to put on ur battery for extra electrical wires.

This link might help pending ur CB radio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFIF1RCYuIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by a moderator:

webyepn

gone yeepn
If you cant get it there is a place up by the Seiara pool that puts in all of Geneva Rocks radio's. Im sure they do a good job. Never used them myself but im sure they are really good.

Just a thought!

kulangflow

I acquired the CB from my brother. It's a Connex 4600 Turbo.

The antenna I have came with my truck, so I really don't know much about it. I will likely buy a new magnetic mount antenna and cable from LROR.

I am comfortable with installing stereos and amps, so the majority of the CB install should be simple enough. I'll work with Steve to get the antenna mounted and tuned properly.

Thanks all!

@ webyepn, where is the Seiara pool? I haven't heard of that before. Any more info?

Thanks!

sixstringsteve

I've had great results with my K-30 magnetic antenna. You can find it at the bigger Flying J truck stops (springvill, slc, etc).

sixstringsteve

nice! Do you have a welder to install those sliders?

Now we just need some lower t-case gears and a sas. :D

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

yikes. You'll need 'em eventually though, especially if you ever go with bigger tires. Your rig is really cool, I look forward to watching the progress as it grows up. Just remember, once you lift it and modify it, it will never be worth more than it is now. In fact, it'll probably be worth less.

webyepn

gone yeepn
It is between 4 and 8 hundred south on Orem state street. Its on the east side of the road across from wingers. If anything else Im sure he has parts and could help. It says AT@T on the building.

kulangflow

I installed the CB and antenna last night. I attempted tuning it with the SWR meter. On channel 1, I got a good 1.2 reading, but on channel 40, it was above 3.

I changed the antenna length little by little, retesting along the way, but 1.2 and 3 was the best I could get.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

sixstringsteve

are you using the magnetic mount antenna? Are you testing in a wide open area, away from buildings? Did you calibrate the SWR meter before taking your readings? Where is the antenna mounted on your vehcile? I'd mount it on the middle of the roof for best reception, and lower SWR readings.

kulangflow

It's the K30 magnetic mount antenna, in the center of my roof. I calibrated the meter first.

I did the testing in the parking lot of the Flying J by the freeway. I'll try it again further away from buildings. That was probably the issue.

Thanks!

sixstringsteve

interesting. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Try to find a nice field where there aren't any obstructions. I get 1.2-1.5 on the SWR meter with my k30.