good diesel shop

troutbum

cubi-kill
I have a 97 12v dodge with a mysterious fuel problem. Started 10 months ago I would go out start it up in the morning and it would run for 20-30 seconds and then die...Very difficult to restart.

I took it to Gillettes twice, they could duplicate the problem but could not find the cause. They insisted on replacing the lift pump :rolleyes: a week later it happened again. It would happen on and off but seemed to happen when the fuel gaugue was 1/4 or below. So I kept 1/2 a tank and drove it. Well a month ago it started again, regardless of how much fuel I had, happens anytime I let it sit for 4 hours or more.

I think it may be the rubber fuel lines have developed a crack letting air in, but I am not sure.

I am up to my neck in other projects I just want to take it somewhere and have it dealt with. I refuse to go back to Gillettes ($600 bucks to guess at the problem:eek:)

Any suggestions?

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
I have a 97 12v dodge with a mysterious fuel problem. Started 10 months ago I would go out start it up in the morning and it would run for 20-30 seconds and then die...Very difficult to restart.

I took it to Gillettes twice, they could duplicate the problem but could not find the cause. They insisted on replacing the lift pump :rolleyes: a week later it happened again. It would happen on and off but seemed to happen when the fuel gaugue was 1/4 or below. So I kept 1/2 a tank and drove it. Well a month ago it started again, regardless of how much fuel I had, happens anytime I let it sit for 4 hours or more.

I think it may be the rubber fuel lines have developed a crack letting air in, but I am not sure.

I am up to my neck in other projects I just want to take it somewhere and have it dealt with. I refuse to go back to Gillettes ($600 bucks to guess at the problem:eek:)

Any suggestions?

G&R Diesel in Draper. Treated me great, didn't talk to me like I didn't know anything. The shop is owned by Gillettes kids.

Meat_

Banned
I've heard from several people that the rubber fuel line behind the *mumble mumble* will crack and start leaking.... seems like it runs behind the fuel filter or something, sorry mine is a 24v so I can't go look. I would look at all of your fuel lines before I spent any more money on it.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I've heard from several people that the rubber fuel line behind the *mumble mumble* will crack and start leaking.... seems like it runs behind the fuel filter or something, sorry mine is a 24v so I can't go look. I would look at all of your fuel lines before I spent any more money on it.

The new low sulfer fuel is known to do this to rubber hoses and, seals. It's a good idea to put some type of additive in on every or everyother fillup.

james t

if you are still having this problem try ken jones in odgen he owns diesel performance very good with cummins and fair his number is 801 866 3866

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I haven't had your problems, but whenever I need something done on my truck I take it to Zane at Wide Open Performance 233-1111.

Great work, straight forward guys.

troutbum

cubi-kill
Terry, the owner/operator at Moonlight Diesel in Amalga is a Dodge Cummins guru and has always treated me right. But Amalga may be a drive for you.

Thanks everyone...Pile of junk is just sitting in my driveway, I think I burned up the starter contacts trying to start the thing.:confused:

Anyone want a problem CTD cheap? :rolleyes:

BTW I have never heard of Amalga?? Where is that.

DToy

Another vote for Zane at Wide Open - great guys, no BS, and they know their stuff. They have always treated me great.

rollover

PETES Diesel on 1700 south about 1100 west slc works on cummings and is a cummings lic francise Ask for Pat Jr. He will fix it right and not kill you on the price.

rollover

Sorry they also have a shop in ogden. you could call and explane your problem and Im sure they could giv you some things to try in yur driveway too. They service almost all of Flying J's fleet.