Good Directions/Map for Metal Masher

wallysheata

I'm literally embarassed to post this, but I'm heading there next week with a few friends who've never done Metal Masher, and I have done it probably 4 times in the last 9 years, and for the life of me really can't remember the exact routes. One time my group got lost at an intersection and missed widow maker and the other few times were well over 6 or 7 years ago. I've searched online but really haven't found any good direction that show ya step by step which way to go on all those forks, especially on the way in....anyone have some good maps or directions to help this poor newbiew out :greg:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That trail has so many spurs and short-cuts / bypasses that it's easy to miss most of it.

We have the google earth KMZ file here: Metal Masher Trail

When you are heading out to Rusty Nail, there's a turn that goes up a hill on your right side shortly after you pass gooney bird. Head up that way and then the next main path that forks off to the right is the one to Metal Masher I believe.

Good luck Wally! Come over to our BBQ on Friday night. ;)

Xiled1

Having just run it a couple weeks ago, I can say the GPS coords her on RME are good. If I remember correctly, you always take the a right until you hit the exit. That way you hit all the obstacles. There are signs along the route and many intersections. Most say 'Widomaker' on them, so follow those. There is now a bypass right at the Widowmaker, so you don't need to take any of them mentioned in the Wells book. Not sure if that is legal or not, but it seems to me the best bet would be to make that the new bypass and close all the others.