Good local source for used railroad ties?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Trying to find a decent source for used railroad ties for some landscaping projects I have at home. Anybody know off the top of their head a good source to pick some up at? I've heard people just picking them up along the tracks from the replacement but I'd rather not get in trouble with @Greg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Do tell! I'm in the same boat - need some RR ties for landscaping. What are these better options of which you speak?
for retaining walls, the large stamped concrete blocks are 3x3x6 and cost about $60.
for smaller projects, I don't think you can go wrong with the shaped blocks from Home Depot.

Pile of parts

I have bought from here before. It was a while ago but they were the cheapest I could find then. You can get different grades depending on your use.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I don’t know how many, or what color you’re after, but I have like 7-8 of the green ones, and maybe a few more ones that are light-brownish (heavily faded) that I’d love to toss.

I had about 40 all together when I first got this house, and I ended up hauling out a bunch in the dump truck to get rid of them.
I'll pm you tomorrow-ish. Thanks!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Where are you getting them at that price? The ones I’ve installed are 2x2x6 at about $120/piece

You are right, they are 2x2x6. This listing is for $70. We paid $60 last time.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I've got a buddy with a f550 and a 16 foot flat bed and a 2500 pound crane. Jokes on you! :)