good shop for MC inspection?

I've got a 1984 Nighthawk S and a 1983 CB1100F that are in excellent shape. I'm looking for a motorcycle state inspection station that doesn't insist on riding my motorcycle anywhere to do the inspection - they should be able to do the light/horn/tire check right where it sits. The place I took my Nighthawk S insisted that they had to ride it around back to their shop, which I don't like.

Since my bikes are old, if someone drops it I can't just get new bodywork at the local Honda shop - the stuff just isn't available.

Any suggestions of hands-off inspection places? Both bikes are completely legal - I just don't want other people riding my dinosaurs.

Pics of bikes, if anyone's interested.

IMG_7570.jpg
DSCN6240.jpg

Thanks,

Allan

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
In all my years of riding, I've never been asked for a test drive. Almost any emission place can do a bike. If they want to drive it, just leave.

Toad

I do inspections on bikes all the time. I refuse to touch the bike. Owner always runs through the lights and such. If they want to touch it leave. If you were closer id say come see me.

Caleb

I've always taken my bikes to jiffy lube and not once have I been asked to let them ride it. Like mentioned, they have me do all the lights, horn, brakes, etc.

74highboy

i can understand not wanting someone to ride it but if you go threw the inspection book they should ride it to do the inspection most techs dont ride them just because they dont want the risk if i was closer id have no problem taking care of it for you

Just a followup on this - I ended up taking my 1100 to Jiffy Lube at 9000 South Redwood. Bert helped me out there (and rides a CBR), and was great to work with.

FYI

Allan