Good shop for Toyota

chans

Need to make my 94 truck capable of driving anywhere in Utah and need to find a shop or person that is reliable that can install or order a decent performance 22re. Since my shoulder is having issues and don't have the proper tools or space any longer I can't do it myself. Since my engine is on its last leg I think an engine with 150-160 hp should do the trick and if not got 2 thirds with 5.29 gears that just need lockers. Noticed some decent engines on Ebay and online but figured local would be better. Any recommendations?
Final straw was I can't drive it to Moab and could not find a trailer in time :(

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Divinity Auto might do it, but you'll pay through the nose. Most of his customer base is Lexus, and he charges like it. :)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
We put an LC Engineering motor in my ladies 4runner years ago, great little power plant but again you'll pay through the nose

chans

The bottom half of my motor was supposed to be LC Engineering but think they lied. I will give Low Range and the Performance place in Murray a call. There was a place selling on EBay in the northwest that has performance engines for 2k and 1k to install them with a 7 year warranty so hoping there is a place in Utah that would cost 3.5k or less with 3 year warranty. If I had the money I would swap in a V6 or 8.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited: