got my 35's on.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
after. :D

a little more comfortable. still have to shorten the sliders, or move the front axle a little farther forward. and once i get the rear springs relocated i should not have any isues with the rear.

Attachments

• 8-1-05 new tires 005.jpg
    8-1-05 new tires 005.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 191
  • 8-1-05 new tires 007.jpg
    8-1-05 new tires 007.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 8-1-05 new tires 006.jpg
    8-1-05 new tires 006.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 174

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Cool :cool: I'd leave the rear where it is and trim where it hits.....(strategically, so you can weld the uni-car back together and keep whatever integritity there is stock).

Just adjust your front control arms out to move the front forward. There's not alot of room in the front due to the wheeltub interference. Bumpstops are your friend....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
mbryson said:
Cool :cool: I'd leave the rear where it is and trim where it hits.....(strategically, so you can weld the uni-car back together and keep whatever integritity there is stock).

I agree! I was able to trim enough out of there for 38's and weld it back together. Welding the sheetmetal sucks, but it's worth it and it can look great.

Jeremy

Herzog said:
I agree! I was able to trim enough out of there for 38's and weld it back together. Welding the sheetmetal sucks, but it's worth it and it can look great.

if it was sitting at a true 6" in the rear, i would have a lot less cutting to do. with three year old rustys offroad springs and a 1.75 shackle and i am still only at 4.75-5" in the rear. maybe i can do something simple to it when i get the 44 under it.

mbryson, did you get my last mesage? are you still interested in doing some gears for me?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
EKSJAE said:
if it was sitting at a true 6" in the rear, i would have a lot less cutting to do. with three year old rustys offroad springs and a 1.75 shackle and i am still only at 4.75-5" in the rear. maybe i can do something simple to it when i get the 44 under it.

mbryson, did you get my last mesage? are you still interested in doing some gears for me?

I was sitting at about 6" with 38's though. ;) It didn't rub when the tire was fully stuffed either, but I did trim a lot out of there and moved the axle back a couple inches.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
EKSJAE said:

I didn't get it, but bring up the XJ....... It'd be nice to do something I've done before..... Shoot it to me again

Jeremy

JeepinJoe said:
Nice.... now clean up my parents driveway! :D

done. :D

i took it up butterfield to see weather or not the tires would rub. the fronts rub on the sliders when i turn. and the rears rub on the corners of the fenders pretty good.

here are some poser pics, sorry it is so dark. and keep in mind this was just to see where the tires would rub, as the jack wont do it anymore.

Attachments

• 8-1-05 new tires 011.jpg
    8-1-05 new tires 011.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 8-1-05 new tires 016.jpg
    8-1-05 new tires 016.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 8-1-05 new tires 017.jpg
    8-1-05 new tires 017.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 8

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That looks really good! There's 2 things that I really dig on the XJ.

- Cut sheetmetal to fit bigger tires.

- Big tires, minimal lift.

Are those new MT/R's too? How would it be?!