got myself a CTD TCDT

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
cummins turbo diesel turbo cool down timer :cool:

only 80 dollars from www.dieseltruckresource.com online store.
very simple install, plug it into a couple fuses using fuse taps and then ground it.
it has 2,4 and 6 minute settings for more info visit
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/cooldown.php

they have detailed info on the install and operation.

i love it, it is nice to not sit and wait for the turbo to cool. other tcdt are waaaaayyyy more expensive!

any questions ask me, i just wanted to share it with everyone.
you can get one that installs on top of the dash, but i chose the one that mounts upside down and i put it here
f501ea72.jpg

f501ea82.jpg

N-Smooth

also here is a pic of my genos garage "cup smoothie" i bought one because my cupholders are broken just like every ctd i test drove

f501eab3.jpg

good product, very happy with it

N-Smooth

is your pyro before or after the turbo?
if it is after like mine, it is supposed to actually be 200-250 degrees cooler than the turbo, which should be like 300 degrees or less when you shut down. it takes more than 1 minute to cool mine down. this way when i am running late for work i just set the timer, or when i go to the gym and my friends are waiting, i set the timer take my keys and walk away from the truck. now when i tow i can set the timer and go ahead and deal with undoing straps and backing the jeep off the trailer, and not have to go back to the truck at all.
if i've been driving a lot and fast, its at about 600 degrees so i set it for 4 minutes, but most of the time it is just 2.
and most impostantly of all, for hell's sake it was 80 bucks!

GETBENT

CRASH
xj_punk said:
is your pyro before or after the turbo?
if it is after like mine, it is supposed to actually be 200-250 degrees cooler than the turbo, which should be like 300 degrees or less when you shut down. it takes more than 1 minute to cool mine down. this way when i am running late for work i just set the timer, or when i go to the gym and my friends are waiting, i set the timer take my keys and walk away from the truck. now when i tow i can set the timer and go ahead and deal with undoing straps and backing the jeep off the trailer, and not have to go back to the truck at all.
if i've been driving a lot and fast, its at about 600 degrees so i set it for 4 minutes, but most of the time it is just 2.
and most impostantly of all, for hell's sake it was 80 bucks!

So if your pyro is Pre-turbo, what Temp is best to shut it down at?
Just curious

thanks

N-Smooth

i have a link at home that i will give you guys that talks about all this stuff. it is super informative, kind of like a FAQ sheet.
i'll get it later
edit: the install for the timer says the turbo should be at 300 degrees or less and he is speaking of a pre turbo pyro.
i'll find that link anyway

Last edited: