Got rearended on the freeway today

I just on my way home from work and the traffic stopped, so I stopped then I hear skidding tires and whammo:mad::mad::mad:. busted up my tire carrier, may have bent the spares rim, bent the tailgate, the rear bumper thats mounted to the frame looks like its on an angle. So where should I take to get it checkout and repaired? I want it fixed right and nothing over looked to get it back to pre-crashed condition. Man I'm just feeling :sick: about it. Well so much for having a no crash carfax report.:eek: Not that I ever planned to sell it. Well thanks for letting me vent-_-.

Don

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
We've taken all our vehicles to Shine on seventhish West and eightysomethingish South. They've always done a good job. Don't worry about Carfax. My Jeep was rolled, totalled by the insurance company, bought back as salvage, repaired at a body shop (Shine, actually), and re-registered. Checked Carfax a couple years later for fun and it came back perfectly clean. The first truck I bought had a clean Carfax report too, and after owning it for a while it because very obvious that it had been in a major crash. I found unsanded bondo under the paint in the raingutter on the roof. :eek: Carfax is a total joke.

I know carfax is a joke. I just spent a couple of year looking for the right T J. I bought it in March this year and hardly even got to flog it before someone runs in to it.:eek: the damage is not really that bad and it could have been a lot worse. I know its fixable. The 4runner that hit me, has a lot more damage than I have. I'm lucky that he did get on the binders and slow it down some from freeway speeds. He said he just bought it last Saturday and was hoping to go to Moab here in a few weeks. it was and older style 4runner with a lift and tires.

Don

Bart

Make sure and check all your tub out. With a rear end collision like that you could have dimples under the front and rear corners underneath the doors. They are crumple zones. Bummer about the accident.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Carfax is a waste. A lot of people won't take cars to shops that report to Carfax, so it's a crapshoot if your car is on there or not. It's not like it's mandatory to report to them or anything, it's just a warm fuzzy gullible people get when their new purchase isn't on there.

Oh, and sorry about the wreck. Milk it for all it's worth, do as much of the repair yourself as you can, and buy some new goodies with the left over $$$.

Bone Down

shine gets a nod from me as well... my brother use to custom paint show cars for ten years (now out of the business) and he recommends this shop a lot and he never even worked for them. the did an awesome job on my moms car...

devilbikerdude

hey i saw that happen! it was a 4runner right? or an older toyota pickup that was lifted, i noticed the toyota earlier on the freeway and thought... hey thats a pretty cool machine, and then i saw your jeep with the tire carrier bent back, you were looking behind you with a disappointed look, (im very observent), that sucks man, im sorry. it could of been worse though..