gotsta problem with my 3rd!

mwmx54

k my buddies 3rd actually, he has a 95 runner, hes puttin in 5:29's and some soft lockers, he took it in and they said the 5:29's wont fit... what does he need to get for them to fit?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
mwmx54 said:
k my buddies 3rd actually, he has a 95 runner, hes puttin in 5:29's and some soft lockers, he took it in and they said the 5:29's wont fit... what does he need to get for them to fit?

Depends...why won't they fit? What application are they intended for, and what application is his 3rd?

notajeep

Just me
V6 4 runner?? If so, you (he) needs V6 gears. I have heard that you can make 4 cyl gears fit just fine by shimming the pinion alot more.... But I have never done it, just heard about it.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
notajeep said:
V6 4 runner?? If so, you (he) needs V6 gears. I have heard that you can make 4 cyl gears fit just fine by shimming the pinion alot more.... But I have never done it, just heard about it.

I've done that many times, it works great. The only thing I can think of that would make his parts not work is if he has a 4cyl third and V6 gears. Waiting for the reply with the info....

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
A v6 thrid member has 8 fins on it, a 4 cyl. third has 6 fins on it, 3 on each side.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I bet you might have gears for a rear 8 inch, but might be trying to put them in the front 7.5 third. Are they working on the front third or the rear?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
mwmx54 said:
why would a v6 runner come with a 4 cyl dif?

Cuz sometimes they did. :p No reason, but since they both bolt in the identical housings, I'm guessing sometimes the factory used what they had on hand. You can get 4cyl trucks with the V6-style third as well sometimes.

WJ ZUK said:
I bet you might have gears for a rear 8 inch, but might be trying to put them in the front 7.5 third. Are they working on the front third or the rear?

That sounds like the most likely scenario right there. He bought a matching pair of 8" R&P's.....