Great article..sltrib

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
That is a great article.
What drives me crazy is those comments on the article that don't realize you can love the land and still use motorized vehicles. Why is it shallow to admit you like OHV's but at the same time also enjoy parking the Jeep and hiking or snowshoeing or mountainbiking. Why do I have to pick one form of recreation according to these folks? Hell, I will drive my Jeep out to the middle of nowhere, then hop on my mountainbike and go farther. So this makes me shallow and disingenuous?
The rural culture is anything but destructive, we care about the land, we make a living off the land, we recreate on the land, we protect the land for our use (and future use) instead of protecting it from our use. Why am I either a beer drinking redneck or a wheat grass juice drinking tree hugger? I love the land, I use the land, I protect the land, and I take care of the land. Isn't that the real definition of an "enviornmentalist"?

Sorry about the rant.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I think you should post that

Just did.:)
I get so worked up when people just don't understand no matter how clear you make things. It's seriously like I am speaking a foreign language and they don't get it. Soon I'm gonna have to resort to stick figures and finger puppets.

Bodine

One Call That's All
either a beer drinking redneck or a wheat grass juice drinking tree hugger

Maybe Environmentalist and rednecks need to sit down and have civil discussion about land issues over a wheatgrass Lager.;)

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I'm working on a couple hunters and rock hounds to join U4WDA... They understand land use affects all. Now if I can just get them to sign up...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
He's building his 3rd Willys w/ 302, C4, NP205 combo... maybe we'll see him around the trails soon

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
:rofl::rofl: Yep...Guilty

You going to the M&G tonight at Red Rocks?

Nope, I'm heading south to visit the folks it's my moms birthday this weekend, and I'm gonna do a little geocaching with the kiddo(or try, I've never done it before:) I gotta practice with this GPS sometime)