Great Salt Lake circumnavigation August 18-19

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
The stars have finally aligned for a trip that I've wanted to make for a long time. I will be leaving Saturday the 18th at a yet to be determined time and head out via I80 to wendover. From there I'll be heading up to Lucin and then connecting to the Transcontinental Railroad trai and back around to I15 to come home. I've yet to make full travel plans, but I will spend 1 night somewhere on the trail and I want to stop at the Sun Tunnels and the spiral jetty (don't know if it's visible currently). If anyone is interested in coming along post up.

Also of anyone that has done this trip has any suggestions for must see places while out there let me know.

Thanks guys!
Sean

Trip has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, when I am able to reschedule I will post again

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I love this route :cool: I might be up for this one let me see what I have going on and I'll let you know.

Be sure to keep an eye out for elephant rock!

DSC01965.jpg

Jeepj667

Why go all the way to Wendover? Why not take the cut-off from Lakeside? We did it in May and had no problems with the railroad, even met a few workers and all of them were cool. That way you can see the pumps too.
We camped the first night in the big cave at Lakeside. We spent the second night at Devils Playground (a neat place to see).

lenny

Why go all the way to Wendover? Why not take the cut-off from Lakeside? We did it in May and had no problems with the railroad, even met a few workers and all of them were cool. That way you can see the pumps too.
We camped the first night in the big cave at Lakeside. We spent the second night at Devils Playground (a neat place to see).

I'm not familiar with that route, could you post a map?

lenny

Unfortunately, it seems that the universe does not want me to make this trip. I have had a family obligation come up that is forcing me to cancel my trip.

I have updated the original post