Green Day Strike Ravine Memorial Day Weekend

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yes but you will have to access AreaBFE from the wash or the other end of Strike Ravine. Other than that they ask that we respect the boundaries of the park that they have reserved. I believe only the upper part of the park (the top area above helldorado) will be closed off.

What day will you guys be running out there? :cool:

COJeepin

Thanks for the info.

The trails is still up for debate, but likely GreenDay and maybe Upper Helldorado (if we can get to it) on Saturday and then perhaps Pritchett and Behind The Rocks backwards on Sunday.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That is still up for debate, but likely GreenDay and maybe Upper Helldorado (if we can get to it) on Saturday and then perhaps Pritchett and Behind The Rocks backwards on Sunday.

If you are familiar with the lower wash where Helldorado is, you can actually access AreaBFE from that same wash, coming in from the lower side just after the bridge as you are driving in on the main road.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
If you are familiar with the lower wash where Helldorado is, you can actually access AreaBFE from that same wash, coming in from the lower side just after the bridge as you are driving in on the main road.

I believe that wash and the route in (R.I.P. Lower Helldorado) is private property, and is closed to travel... Before BFE days, The lady that owned the land was guarding that wash with her dog on busy weekends...

I may be mistaken though.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I believe that wash and the route in (R.I.P. Lower Helldorado) is private property, and is closed to travel... Before BFE days, The lady that owned the land was guarding that wash with her dog on busy weekends...

I may be mistaken though.

That's only if you try to head up the old Lower Helldorado way which forks off the main wash... I could be wrong. I don't recall going through and fences last year. Hopefully Olaf or somebody who knows for sure will chime in. Might be best to take Strike Ravine the whole way in just to be safe?

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
The wash that parallels the county road may just barely clip the corner of Kiley's property, just past the exit of Coyote Canyon. If you access the wash from the next pull-out (just up the road from Coyote), you will also be on private property, but not Kiley's. It belongs to the developer who is selling building lots, and as far as I know, he has been allowing access. Stay in the wash, and when you come to where the old Lower Helldorado trail starts, you will see a major trail coming down the hill into the wash. That is Strike Ravine, and it cuts directly through Kiley's land. Keep going up the wash, and from this point on to BFE, you will be on Strike Ravine, which is 100% legal.

Olaf

Supporting Member
Hi,
Sorry for the late chime in but I've been swamped!

The upper lot, lower lot, and Competition/Test zone area are closed from now until Monday night for the music festival.

If you come up the waterfall from Helldorado that usually leads into the lower parking lot which is off limits this weekend. If you choose to run Helldoratdo, I would ask that you don't come up the waterfall but rather continue down the wash and exit Helldorado onto Pole canyon road which is the road that takes you by the entry to AreaBFE.

You can look in Charles Wells Moab trails book and it'll give you instructions on how to access Strike Ravine by the numbers. You can access the wash to Strike Ravine on the left just east of where Coyote began. You can also travel on Kiley's property but make sure you close the gates as you leave. Strike Ravine also ends on the lower parking lot so please take a detour to Pole canyon or turn around and go back the other way.

Green Day, Minor threat, Lockjaw, and Britney Speer are open.

Please email or call me with any questions at Olaf@areabfe.com or 562-233-6523

Thanks
Olaf