Greg Gardner, Fruita, CO.

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-

'87 Toyota 4Runner.

Engine-

Stock 22RE.

Transmission-

Stock 5 speed.

T-Case-

Dual Toyota transfer cases, stock gears in 'cases.

Axles-

Front: Chevy Dana 44 narrowed 3", 5.38 gears, Aussie Locker. 64" wide.

Rear : Tacoma 8" with E-locker, 5.29 gears. 60" wide.

Suspension-

Was IFS, now has solid axle swap.

All Pro 3" leaves & 3/4" shackles.

Wheels and Tires-

35" Super Swamper SSR's & cheap 15x8 black/chrome wheels.

Winch-

Warn M8000.

Favorite Trails-

21 Road, Upper Helldorado, Moab Rim.

Other-

Fiberglass fenders that need paint, working on bumpers & rock sliders. The 4Runner has nearly 240,000 miles on it! :eek:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Nice 'Runner Greg. Looks great and looks like it crawls good too.

Thanks man!

Here's some recent pics from one of the local trails, Billings Canyon-

100_3193+_Medium_.JPG

100_3201+_Medium_.JPG

100B3110+_Medium_.JPG

notajeep

Just me
As soon as i get through the Christmas season in this stupid retail world that I am stuck in........
It's looking there is a posibility that I might relocate to telluride Co sometime after january. how far is that from GJ?

Greg

Admin
As soon as i get through the Christmas season in this stupid retail world that I am stuck in........
It's looking there is a posibility that I might relocate to telluride Co sometime after january. how far is that from GJ?

Yeah, you'd probably be better off waiting till at least Feb. It'll be warmer & the snow will be gone... hopefully. :ugh:

Woah, Telluride huh?! It's expensive to live there, GJ is over 3 hrs away.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Yeah, we used to spend the week after Labor Day in that area. If that's the hole I'm thinking of. I was lined up about like you are and boogered up the left quarter and tail light. Then the right front slipped off the ledge, and caved in the passenger door. That was two years ago though. And it was wet.... Honest, it wasn't the driver!! :rofl:

Not that I saw, but I was focused on the 4 foot ledge in front of me! :eek: Why, did you run Billings in the old 4Runner?

No... but you can come over and help me finish mine, you know to get some experience:D seriously though when I get power to my garage you should come over. are you gonna be around this weekend?

Ben

Greg

Admin
No... but you can come over and help me finish mine, you know to get some experience:D seriously though when I get power to my garage you should come over. are you gonna be around this weekend?

Ben

I'm game, just say when! I'll be around this weekend, no plans here. You still got my number?

Klif01

Do I bother you?
You gonna get farther on the buggy than your truggy you were working on in lehi?

I miss my rig, looks like you are having fun in yours.

Greg

Admin
what kind of buggy are you building? you conecting a cage to toy frame or going all cage? four link or spring you already have?

I'll be building something that resembles a Suzuki Samurai, on a Toyota frame with lots of tube. Drivetrain will consist of a Vortec 4.3, Auto, 231 reduction unit & Dana 300. Axles will be 60's F & R. 3 & 4 links F & R, Fox air shocks at all 4 corners, 40" tires on 17" wheels.

Nice Billings pics Greg. I was wondering what all the ruckus was in this thread.

We're going to have to get more pics soon!

You gonna get farther on the buggy than your truggy you were working on in lehi?

I miss my rig, looks like you are having fun in yours.

The truggy started out as just a bad carb, I had no intention of taking it as far as I did, which is why I burned out. I should have just replaced the carb. This buggy build is all planned & I'm not in any rush, since I'll have the 4Runner to wheel in the meantime. For now I dig the 4Runner, it's a great rig.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Right on man, I was just giving a hard time...I think whenever I get back into wheeling, I will be buying the tow rig first, then building a more trail dedicated rig.