Ground Zero Mosque, how do you feel?

Bobzilla

I am againgst the propsed mosque at ground zero, not because they do not have the legal right to put it in that location.

Because it is disrespectful and insensitive and the motives are clear to demonstrate a victory and superiority over the US and all Americans, to bring Sharia law into the US.

I found this information on the author Nonie Darwish from a friend and on the web, mabey someone could help and post the article? I could not do it.

web: formermuslimsunited.americancommunityexchange.org

Author: Nonie Darwish
Article: Ali Sina on Ground Zero, Mosque Cordova House

Last edited:
Under most any other circumstances, I wouldn't care. Under these particular circumstances, they should build it somewhere else. If those building the mosque aren't trying to make a political statement, it shouldn't matter that much to them.

Bobzilla

They have the right but in poor taste. Is it really a mosque or some kind of visitor center?

Please read the article, it has some very interesting items in regards to what the real meaning of the name "Cordova House" means and also how many levels or floors the proposed mosque will be used for.

Can someone get the article posted? Thanks Bob

Coco

Not for it. It is very disrespectful IMO. They are doing it for attention, and probably to show they won as far as 9/11 goes. They can do it else wear. But our bogus president even agrees with putting it there, then totally denies ever saying that the next day. I didn't vote for him I want him out!

Bobzilla

Not for it. It is very disrespectful IMO. They are doing it for attention, and probably to show they won as far as 9/11 goes. They can do it else wear. But our bogus president even agrees with putting it there, then totally denies ever saying that the next day. I didn't vote for him I want him out!

Yea, and what is really not good is the fact that the population of muslims continues to grow and begin to put there own into office the day will come when we Americans may loose control of our own country!

If we do not start paying attention as Americans, we will face the consequences of sharia law in our own country, it is serious situation and we should as Americans, learn & do what what we can do to avoid a sharia law take over, by people like, Rauf

Brett

Meat-Hippy
It's two blocks away from Ground Zero, it's no longer even called the Cordoba House (not Cordova,) and it's being built by moderate Muslims. I see no problem with building it, it would be good for this country to be accepting and work with a religious group that most seem to just automatically think of as "terrorists."

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Yea, and what is really not good is the fact that the population of muslims continues to grow and begin to put there own into office the day will come when we Americans may loose control of our own country!

If we do not start paying attention as Americans, we will face the consequences of sharia law in our own country, it is serious situation and we should as Americans, learn & do what what we can do to avoid a sharia law take over, by people like, Rauf

• The percentage of Muslims has doubled since 1990, but remains statistically very small, only 0.3 percent in the original survey and 0.6 percent today.

From : http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/03/09/us.religion.less.christian/

Slightly paranoid?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
They have the right but in poor taste. Is it really a mosque or some kind of visitor center?

From Wiki......

Plans are for the facility to include a 500-seat auditorium, theater, performing arts center, fitness center, swimming pool, basketball court, childcare area, bookstore, culinary school, food court serving halal dishes, and Islamic prayer space for 1,000–2,000 Muslims.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

What does being Muslim have to do with being American? :rofl:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Slightly paranoid?

That's the first thing that I thought of too.

It's a YMCA, or Jewish Community Center for Muslims.. I have no problem with the group building their Muslim fun center a few blocks from "ground zero".. Maybe poor taste, but does that bar them from being able to do it? Hell no it doesn't.

Bobzilla

What does being Muslim have to do with being American? :rofl:

That's the point in American we have the constitution, muslims have sharia law, you can't abide by the US Constitution and abide by sharia law,

They do not believe they need to integrate into our society, you see they want you and I to comply with their sharia laws.

Read the article from Nonie Darwish and mabey you will begin to understand, what being muslim has to do with it.:rofl:

B-RAD

absolutely against. I don't recall in history class America letting Nazis build any special worship place. The older I get the more I belive muslims are not a religious group. They are a political group. A hatefull sneeky violent political group.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
That's the point in American we have the constitution, muslims have sharia law, you can't abide by the US Constitution and abide by sharia law,

Well, the 13th Amendment to the Constitution expressly forbids slavery, so I guess you can't practice the teachings of the Bible either.

The older I get the more I belive muslims are not a religious group. They are a political group. A hatefull sneeky violent political group.

The LDS church is just as much a political group as the Nation of Islam, and the practices of radicals in either church aren't supported by the church or it's leadership.

For the record, Timothy McVeigh was Catholic. Would it have been distasteful for Oklahoma City to have put a cross up on a memorial building?

Last edited:

roverrocks

A frightening video. I've believed what it shows for many years and this disturbing video just reinforces my belief that the greatest threat to freedom and democracy we've ever faced is at hand. I am not religious and all organized religions scare me to some extent but none remotely like Islam does. It is a hidden tapeworm inside America and especially inside Europe which is much nearer the precipice than we are. Watching the insidious spread of Islam worldwide and listening to the millions if not billions of people who are swallowing the farce that it is a nonviolent, benevolent religion hook, line, and sinker is frightening. We all need to wake up. Freedom is never free and we are about to discover this beyond our wildest nightmares.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Man, with 1.82 billion inherantly violent people out there, it's a marvel we're even still alive at all.

My line of thinking is pretty simple. For someone to fly a ****ing plane into a ****ing building, they have to be ****ing crazy. I don't care who they give credit for, or whatever reasons they want to give. Crazy is Crazy. If those bombers had said Barney the Purple Dinosaur spoke to them in their dreams and told them to do this, it would be just as crazy to me--but I wouldn't go and ban Barney from the country.

So categorically accusing all 1.82 billion Muslims of being hate filled, violent, killers based on the actions of some crazy people who claim hard-line religious motivations inspired them to act the way they did, is completely ignorant and narrow minded. If you want to talk about an insidious infection of human thought, look no further than that.