Grrrrr!

embabe

My own epidemic!
Why is it that whenever I take my car in to have the oil changed and I ask them to rotate and BALANCE the tires because one of them is pretty seriously out of balance, the guys look at me like I'm crazy, tell me they did it and send me home thinking I won't notice?? :mad: Just cuz I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't know anything, right?

So.... who wants to take my purple jeep in and tell these guys what's what? ;)

embabe

My own epidemic!
I would, but I'm a poor student and they do it for free for me because I bought my tires there. Too bad they still think I know nothing even though I've been bringing my jeep in for almost 3 years now.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Are you taking it to the dealer? 'Cuz none of the oil change shops that I know of have a tire balancer, and none of the tire shops that I know of change oil. :confused: Last time I needed tires balanced I just waited for a coupon to come show up in the mail for it. Without a coupon tire shops rape you to re-balance tires. Anybody got a coupon? I need my tires balanced... :(

embabe

My own epidemic!
I could never afford the dealer. It's good old Big O.... they do pretty much everything there for the right price. ;) Unless you're me that is...

JeeperG

embabe said:
I could never afford the dealer. It's good old Big O.... they do pretty much everything there for the right price. ;) Unless you're me that is...
Talk to Keith at the Big O in Kaysville. He is a fellow Jeeper.
Or also I think there are a couple RMEers that work at the Big O in Layton on Antelope. I don't know there names.

teknodestrukto

JeeperG said:
Or also I think there are a couple RMEers that work at the Big O in Layton on Antelope. I don't know there names.

Jed's the owner and one of his lead mechs is on RME. It's on Main St. in Layton at about 250 N.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
JeeperG said:
OMG!!!

Keith is still out there?

:cool:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
For you West Vallley types, there is a great place for tires and oil changes on 5600 west and about 4600 south. It's just north of the rail road tracks on the east side of the road. I forget the name, but they have been really good to me for a few years now. I have sent Holly in by herself a few times, last time was for a flat repair, and they did just that... repaired the flat for ten bucks and nothing more.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
There's a guy at the Big O on Highland and about 3000 S. Younger, probably my age, but he's always helped me out of stuff. Free fixes and such. If he's still there, maybe see what he can do. Unless that's the Big O you've gone to.

ALF

SURE!?
Purcell did my last rotate and balance... found out my interco's are out of round:sick: but they did a good job cheap but maybe it because I do business withthem for work:D

Catherine

Mrs. Gardner
:rofl: :rofl: I totally know what you mean. When I went to buy my car about 4 years ago I went by myself. I knew exactly what I wanted and when I sat down with them to talk numbers they were trying to tell me that 9% was a good interest rate.:rofl: :rofl: I explained to them that I was a math teacher and knew that they were lying...it quickly turned into oh we can probably get you a much lower one. :rofl: :rofl:

idiots!

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
Feeling your pain!!! I went into a shop back east to have the alignment done after putting a lift on my xj and the guy there tried to tell me that they didnt have the tools to do an alignment on a lifted vehicle!

Mother Deuce

Yeah, what's up with that? I took my car into the dealer because I had a bad wheel bearing. The serivce guy said the bearing was fine. My husband took the car in the next day and the same service guy agreed with him that it had a bad bearing and fixed it.

I've been wanting to open an garage staffed entirely by women for as long as I can remember.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Mother Deuce said:
Yeah, what's up with that? I took my car into the dealer because I had a bad wheel bearing. The serivce guy said the bearing was fine. My husband took the car in the next day and the same service guy agreed with him that it had a bad bearing and fixed it.

I've been wanting to open an garage staffed entirely by women for as long as I can remember.
Can they wear bikinis? Like at Bikini cuts?:rofl:

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
Mother Deuce said:

That would be awesome! :rofl:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Mother Deuce said:
Sure the customers can wear bikinis. Especially the men. In fact, I'd do like a speedo day for dudes, throw in a free oil change or something. ;)
Free oil change, eh? Hmm...