Gun show????

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
Who all is going to go to the gun show this weekend? Are they worth going to? Do they really have good deals? I have never been and thinking about going, I'm in the market for another hand gun so I thought I might as well go check it out.

Caleb

Which show is it? Is it at the South Town Expo center? I'll go. I've never been to a gun show, and every other show (Home and Garden, Boat Show, RV show, etc) generally end up being a complete waste of time but I'll give the gun show a shot...haha no pun intended :p

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Given the pricing at gun shows following the Obama election, I'd suspect there won't be any (many?) deals to be found at the next 6 months worth of gun shows, other than that pricing is generally fair and you can find random stuff. I'll likely go just to see the madness and attempt to find some little parts I'm after.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Crossroads of the West are the better shows imo but I find them all worth the cost of entry (and its 5 minutes away so why not). I've bought quite a bit of stuff at shows over the years, uppers, barrells, parts kits, mags, flare guns, relic camping gear, books, hats, and bread. You never know what will show up to a gun show but given the current political turmoil re: guns, you can bet everything will be top dollar and selling. When O was elected round 1, the shows were off the hook, literally the big ammo retailers were selling dolly loads to each customer and they sold out of the good stuff fast.

I'll probably go and pick up some ammo if prices are reasonable. Don't see myself buying any guns unless there is a really good deal. Anyone know how this will compare with Crossroads of the West shows?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'll probably go and pick up some ammo if prices are reasonable. Don't see myself buying any guns unless there is a really good deal. Anyone know how this will compare with Crossroads of the West shows?

Hard to say with the current mood but generally they are half the size and far more tables selling china, massages, cable and sunglass cleaners :D Hopefully they get weeded out with the enthusiasm to be armed.

Caleb

I'd like to get a .22 hand gun sometime: cheap for plinking my walking targets.

Any recommendations?

The fun factor of a P22 is hard to beat. However, I found out today that Walther is splitting from Smith and Wesson, so Walthers may not be the easiest guns to get for the next little bit. P22 has never been a hard gun to find.

Caleb

That's really what I'm hoping for, is that they have SOME ammo for fair prices.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'd like to get a .22 hand gun sometime: cheap for plinking my walking targets.

Any recommendations?

Buy one, I don't know of any other legal means of obtaining one ;)

Semi-auto? Revolver? I have a Ruger Single-Six revolver that is an absolute blast to shoot, you have to reload the cylinder every 6 rounds but that keeps plinking objective and I can tinker around all day in the desert with 100 rounds in my belt :D Some of the older revolvers are upwards of $300 but you can get some of the less collectible and off-brand ones for $150-200. If your looking for a semi-auto, take a peak at a Phoenix or P22, the are ~$100-200 and just plain work. Nothing glamorous but I've put thousands of rounds through my Phoenix and it keeps ticking.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
The fun factor of a P22 is hard to beat. However, I found out today that Walther is splitting from Smith and Wesson, so Walthers may not be the easiest guns to get for the next little bit. P22 has never been a hard gun to find.

I got my wife a P22 for her birthday in October. It's really fun to shoot, and cheap. But they're notoriously picky on ammo brands, so far mine will only eat CCI minimag reliably.

pELYgroso

'Merica
The Rocky Mountain shows are usually about half as big as the crossroads shows but i'm guessing that with all of the action lately, the dealers will be bringing out all they have and it will be a bit busier this weekend than usual! StealthGear will be at the CrossRoads show in February loaded with holsters!

Caleb

I got my wife a P22 for her birthday in October. It's really fun to shoot, and cheap. But they're notoriously picky on ammo brands, so far mine will only eat CCI minimag reliably.

Hmm, I've had mine for several years and I've shot everything I can think of through it and I can't remember the last time I had a jamb or misfire.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
For a 22 semi auto, you can't get much more reliable than a Ruger mark II or mark III.

I was looking at one of those a couple months back, and ended up buying a Browning Buckmark instead. Fairly similar gun overall, but the Browning was more comfortable in my hand.