Gun Trusts

NYCEGUY01

Forgot about the trust and the e-file...lol

22 and 300blk are impressive with a can. 300blk sounds like a hi powered air rifle in the handi rifle I had with Gemtech ammo.

I have a Specwar 7.62 and have been happy with it.

300blk and subsonic 308 are awesome. All 223 is still pretty damn loud no matter what.

Caleb

Yep, I've got plenty of pistols. Not looking to skirt the law, I have zero problems with the tax stamp for the SBR. (well, the whole idea of having to get special permission for a suppressor or SBR doesn't sit well with me, but I'll do what I got to).

Caleb

The idea of a pistol at is kinda cool. I've never shot an AR pistol but I have shot an AK pistol. It wasn't really that fun. If you want to go the pistol route, I'd highly recommend chatting with guys at Joe Firearms. Their SBR come in right around $1k, I'm sure the pistol wouldn't be too much different. Then you'd end up with (IMO) a much nicer gun.

To update this thread, I ended up getting a trust, just need to send it in the the ATF to finalize things. I also have a SBR build started, a SilencerCo Saker 7.62 Supressor on order, and a SilencerCo Sparrow Rimfire Suppressor on order :D. I may have also gotten something for my pistols if any of them had threaded barrels already :rofl:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Do you think the process of setting up the trust really needed a lawyer for it? There's a handful of how-to tutorials and prewritten forms where you fill in the blanks type of stuff to create a trust. Was it more for the personal relief that it was professionally done or is there jargon that you wouldn't have been able to work out otherwise?

Caleb

I'd rather deal with the ATF through a legally prepared document than through something I learned how to do online. I'm also confident that if it came down to it, getting legal representation to back your trust will be tons easier if it was prepared by an attorney. The couple hundred bucks is super cheap insurance. The penalties for possessing NFA items illegally are not anything I want to be facing. Also, part of the appeal to doing the trust I did is the ability for my trust to pass on to my kids, a standard trust won't do that.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Cool, just wanted your input. How long did the process take sitting down with a lawyer? I've been to the lawyer's page in the past and saw he had tiered levels of what you want, if you don't mind me asking, which one did you opt for?

Caleb

I did it over my lunch one day, and that included him showing me around their shop, showing me their new cerakote oven, etc. Total time sitting down going over things, maybe 30 minutes. I opted for the Advanced plan. I was the first person to get this plan, 99% of guys get his mid-level plan. Since no one had done the Advanced plan yet, he decided he'd taken it home over the weekend and make sure it was worked to his satisfaction. I went back in on the following Monday to get it and he was quite excited about it. He said he was going to switch his own trust over to that setup. Now that he's done it on mine, he said he could have it done quickly.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Sorry I never responded. But thanks for the info. This is something I want to do eventually. Did you get to submit forms for some goodies yet?

Caleb

Yeah, a Form 1 SBR and a Form 4 Silencer. :) (I actually just bought the suppressor a couple days ago when SilencerCo released their new Omega)

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Sweet! Are they being done by e-file I think it's called? I hear it's cutting down wait times by months.

Caleb

Form 1 is e-file, which means they are currently only 30-45 days out. The Form 4 was an e-file but they pulled that back some time ago so it's a paper file now (for now, e-file is supposed to be coming back). Form 4 is currently 4-6 months if filed under a trust. Individual Form 4s are still 9-10 months out. That alone is worth getting a trust for :)

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Quick question. Did you have to pay for your suppressor up front even though it's months out or a down payment? I'm getting ready to get my trust set up and order a can or two and am wondering how much $$ I'm gonna be in for. I suppose one shop might work different than another but thought I would ask.

Caleb

You pay upfront. You have to "own" it before the paperwork can be filed as you have to out the serial number in the paperwork.

NYCEGUY01

I am now officially a FFL01/SOT and can get whatever you guys may want and Ill do the RME discount if anyone needs a transfer etc....

Mostly, for free I can help out with forms etc.. Ive done a ton of them and they all came back with a stamp on them...
The 1st few are a bit confusing.

This isn't my business , but more of a hobby, If I need to delete let me know... Not trying to break the rules etc..

The NFA stuff is really a good time once you get it all figured all out etc...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I am now officially a FFL01/SOT and can get whatever you guys may want and Ill do the RME discount if anyone needs a transfer etc....

Mostly, for free I can help out with forms etc.. Ive done a ton of them and they all came back with a stamp on them...
The 1st few are a bit confusing.

This isn't my business , but more of a hobby, If I need to delete let me know... Not trying to break the rules etc..

The NFA stuff is really a good time once you get it all figured all out etc...

If it's hobby/sidework - post up in the side-jobs forum. :cool: