H2 Rear Tow Hooks

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I still haven't gotten around to putting decent tow points on my back bumper. I was following an H2 the other day and noticed it had hooks that might work nicely with my bumper. Does anyone know anything about them? Are they nice strong hooks, or just for show? Any reason I couldn't weld them on?

attachment.php

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I know H2's put much more use to those than you will, (unless you are wheeling with some H2's;)) and they're not little cars. I don't like that the mount setup puts all the stress on the bolt heads, so use good flanged bolts.

Bolt them on and quit being a baby already.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If you're going to weld them on anyway, why not just use the "normal" trailer-type D-rings?
127282_lg.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
BUT, possibly rattlier. That's my only complaint with those style.

You could make a fabricated weld-on chunk to put a normal screw-type D ring in, that way you don't have swingy things on there all the time....

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
BUT, possibly rattlier. That's my only complaint with those style.

You could make a fabricated weld-on chunk to put a normal screw-type D ring in, that way you don't have swingy things on there all the time....

I'm not a big fan of captive rings, they do rattle all the time, but more irritatingly, they require another shackle to attach straps to.... which is why the military bumpers I'm running are using hitch pin clips now instead of the stock cotter pins. :D