Haha, I love Conan

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
We are absolutely watching TV history...Conan may spend a little time on hiatus and have to come up with ducati the insult comic cat...or the masturbating Rhino but he will continue to make me laugh personally. Fark NBC and Leno.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I never liked Leno, as a show host... and this crap doesn't make me like him any more. Just looks like a d*ck move, to take the show back... especially after pushing Conan out by threatening to move it to.. the next day. The honorable thing to do would have been to retire, or go to another network and do something different.

I don't think he's funny either, all his jokes are lame sex jokes. ooooh, wow.

Caleb

I like Leno more than Conan...BUT, I think what's happened to Conan is complete BS and I love the way he has handled it. I agree, Leno should have just retired or gone to another network if he wanted a late night talk show time slot. Last nights show was a classic :D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I just watched it again.....

...is it crazy expensive to replay on the air, let alone the internet? HELL YES!

Probably the funniest Tonight Show clip for 10 years, and they shipped him off.

Bart

Playing devil's advocate here. Never really liked Conan and thought NBC made a mistake long ago when they made the deal. His ratings sans the last few weeks, were an indicator he didn't have the fan base NBC was hoping for and the Tonight Show was a sinking ship. I won't watch him no matter where he lands and I'd bet his ratings after his initial debut will fall again. Conan ought to be thanking NBC for giving him the best material he's ever had on the show, for without it, he's still a failure. He has be real funny recently though.

NBC is a business and when something is not working you need to fix it. To blame this on Leno is hilarious and misplaced. Leno is a temporary fix. Just my $.02 worth.

Corban_White

I don't watch either of them but I agree with Bart. It is not Leno but rather NBC trying to bring the ratings up.

EDIT: I would however, love to get the kind of firing bonus Conan will get. :D

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I fully agree that NBC screwed up, causing most of this sh!t storm.. But, Leno IMO should have just backed down and went elsewhere.. He's been talking about retiring for 6+ years now?? Good hell man, this would've been a really good time to finally do it.

I am coocoo for Coco!

Rickomatic

Grey is cool!
NBC is the one too place total fault on. Leno never wanted to give up the Tonight Show and only after a big raise and a prime time gig did he resign with them. NBC is making everyone involved look very bad. Conan sucked before this and now he is walking on water. At least Letterman is getting a kick out of it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Conan sucked before this and now he is walking on water. At least Letterman is getting a kick out of it.

Absolutely NBC is at fault here.

Personally, I think Conan was funny when he wrote for Saturday Night, funny when he wrote for the Simpsons, hilarious when he writes for Time Magazine, and his talk show was funnier when he didn't have as many constraints at late night. I'd love to walk on the "water" if it meant a 33 million dollar settlement and an upcoming bidding war for his services. He's super smart (Harvard educated (with honors)) and spot on about the act of moving the Tonight Show back a time slot killing one of the longest standing tv franchises in history. I give him credit for being willing to take the fall and accept his stint as "failure" instead of being the selfish catalyst that caused the ultimate demise of the entire show.