Hal Johns South Dakota

CJ Matt

It's been awhile since I have done a trip report since all my trips have been in the amazing Black Hills of South Dakota. We have had some great weather and a group of 12 rigs got together to run Hal Johns Trail which is either outside of Deadwood or Sturgis depending on which side you start on. We started on the Sturgis side, drove the bypass road to the deadwood side and wheeled back. It is a great trail with different levels of difficulty and bypasses for everything. The trip was fairly event free untill the end and by the time the rigs started breaking it was time to get off the trail and head back.

DSCN2637.jpgDSCN2643.jpgDSCN2646.jpgDSCN2648.jpgDSCN2653.jpgDSCN2656.jpgDSCN2660.jpgDSCN2665.jpgDSCN2670.jpgDSCN2674.jpg

ID Bronco

We spent a week up there a couple of summers ago, ran that trail and my favorite up there is KONG. They are super fun trails! They really work your rig over, Lots of big boulders. Great photos!

CJ Matt

One place that I haven't been to but is on my list. You got Jason P out with you? Very cool

Jason is a member of the club and knows the hills better then anyone. He makes a couple runs a year and had his mom with him on this trip.

The trails are great but can be hard to find without a local.