Ham

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
I’ve talked with a couple of people and we thought we might but together a Amateur Radio Operator class up north in the Ogden area for Off-roader and anyone else that might want to join us. CB is great on the trial, Cells work great, but have to get a tower, and those are not always in range out of the trail. HAM radios have the greatest range and in a medical emergency, could make a big difference. Plus it can be fun.

eatrocks

I was on Beef basin on the 18th and I talked to folks in Moab and also down By Bluff Granted I was hitting there repeters but I was talking to them and the cell was dead from just as we turned off 191 to 211 and stayed that way tell we got back on 191. A few years back we were out west of the Golden Spike place by about 15 miles again cells were dead but we had been talking to a fellow wheeler that was in Logan all day from about the ATK plant and then all the way out and back. We also talked to logan users when we did a run up at Powder MT last summer and yet again the cells were dead. You know longer have to learn code eather.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I caught a guy in Springville on simplex last night with my 65w mobile unit from Sugarhouse.

Pretty good range.

eatrocks

were looking at doing this after the 1st of the year books

ARRL's Tech Q&A--4th edition
-- Your Quick & Easy Path to your FIRST Ham Radio License

Pass the 35-question test
Includes the latest question pool with answer key, for use beginning July 1, 2006
Brief, clear explanations for all questions
Earn your FIRST Amateur Radio license NOW! It's Quick and Easy with this study guide and the convenient question and answer format. Now is the best time for you to get your first ham radio license! This fourth edition of ARRL's Tech Q & A is your authoritative guide to every question in the Technician Class (Element 2) question pool--everything you need to pass your first Amateur Radio license exam! Using ARRL's Tech Q & A is the best way to review for the exam with confidence.

Read and understand. Brief explanations follow each question.

For more detailed explanations, turn to The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual (1st edition).

Discover the appeal of ham radio! The Amateur Radio Service offers a unique mix of technology, public service, convenience and fun. There's something for everyone: making new friends over the airwaves, experimenting with electronics, or using radios and new skills to help out in emergencies or disasters. Your first radio station might be at home, in the car, or small enough to take with you on the go. Get started today!

No Morse code test is required for the Technician license.