Hand Throttle?

DAA

Only vehicle I have ever seen with a true manual throttle from the factory.

My Scout had a factory installed, dash mounted hand throttle in it, too (also had the factory PTO option).

Rock ShoX has a pop-lock shifter(very compact) option that I think I will install that has a on/off option for a suspension lockout that would be nice. You set it at your desired speed and then tap it to release.

I'm using a very cheap, very clunky shifter right now. It works fine, but that pop-lock unit sounds like it might be a nice upgrade. I'll have to see if I can find one to look at.

- DAA

L.D.

hillbilly delux
I've been using a Vernier throttle for years. it's a twist knob hand throttle from a tow truck with a red panic button on the top. not cheep. but then it's "not cheep" have it comming up the shifter.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Jeep can't get the return spring in for about 7 days. For those of you who made your own did you use the return spring or not. If not what did you do in its place.

DAA

I didn't use any additional spring. Just the factory return spring that is already there. It has PLENTY of return force to bring the shifter cable back to idle. Same as when using the pedal. This is on an '06 thottle body. Older units with carbs or old style return springs, if the factory spring isn't strong enough, you can get new springs of that style at any parts store. But, really, if your existing spring returns your pedal cable fine, it should return the shifter cable fine too.

- DAA

rholbrook

The way the Teraflex hand throttle is set up is it is a shifter so it won't release on its own. You will actually have to push it back off and the stock throttle spring will at that point work on its own.