HANGING TREE TRAIL june 23rd

Ima9er

Crazy Man
so me and jeeperzcreeperz(i think thats his name) headed down to manti over the weekend of june 22 - 24. and we decided to run htt whilest we were down there. so i loaded up my truck with my family and pulled my jeep and double pulled my tent trailer behind it. (sorry i was so excited to take a photo of what i accomplished, and never did) (epic fail) we camped up in manti canyon. saturday the 23 we headed out to meet some local people to tag along on the trail with. all in all there was a yj fully built on 37's (mine) a jeep cherokee rear locker, 33's (shawn) an older cj-5 35's(local) and a sweet cherokee on 36's(local, shawns buddy) we started on the trail at around 10 am. and first off it was bloody hot. we did happen to see a sad xj sittin on its tire, wish i could have drug it out for ya tony..
no one had any problems till shawn decided to be the trail leader and get stuck in between 2 rocks.. had to use his winch and high lift to ease his way outta a tight spot (literally) made it up to the 1st waterfall, by then the cj-5 had severed his front air locker line so he was using only 1 locker.
everyone pushed their way up the first waterfall without any help. except me.. i wanted to see if i could go a harder way and i was doing ok, when my passenger tire decided to pop a bead. hurried and aired it up and went a different route and made it up. we decided to stop and eat some lunch just right a little bit after the first waterfall, it was about 330 by then. my wife and kid were getting hot and bored, so after lunch me and shawn decided to head back, and the other 2 locals moved on.
when we got back to loading point it was about 5 pm, and we noticed the "wood hollow fire" starting.
sorry but since i was driving i didn't get a whole lot of pics, got some video. hopefully one day i can afford a go pro and be cool like everyone that takes lots of videos and pics with their go pros.. lol :rofl:
as of carnage we received:
my jeep i broke 2 rock lights on the way out, and pushed up my side panel a lot more.
shawn's jeep cherokee: some big dings on his rocker panels in the rear, and has some funky noises..
the locals: i heard they made it up to the 2nd waterfall and broke an axle, smashed in the front of the cherokee.
IMAG1056.jpgIMAG1057.jpgIMAG1058.jpgIMAG1059.jpgIMAG1060.jpgIMAG1067.jpgIMAG1072.jpgIMAG1076.jpgIMAG1078.jpgIMAG1079.jpg
just as a joke, i think i had more carnage on my tent trailer then my jeep. haha
here is some videos
[video=youtube_share;qRQo6BPocpQ]http://youtu.be/qRQo6BPocpQ[/video]
[video=youtube_share;ViGnnywvM6Y]http://youtu.be/ViGnnywvM6Y[/video]
shawn almost hit me. i wasn't prepared for him to just "gun" it..
[video=youtube_share;MEBgirb3Xw4]http://youtu.be/MEBgirb3Xw4[/video]

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Nice pics Dallas.
Those tires work SO much better than those crappy old bald ones. Sounds like we need to cut some beadlocks out for those wheels at some point.
Did those leaf springs work well?
Sorry I missed it, we spent 12 hours working in the yard.

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Looks like a fun time for sure, i love that trail... thanks for the write up & the pics/videos too!!!

ps.
got word from Tony that he went and got his xj on sunday... its now home safe and sound, thank goodness it didn't get vandalized or burnt up! :D

Ima9er

Crazy Man
Nice pics Dallas.
Those tires work SO much better than those crappy old bald ones. Sounds like we need to cut some beadlocks out for those wheels at some point.
Did those leaf springs work well?
Sorry I missed it, we spent 12 hours working in the yard.
yes we need to fab up some beadlocks for sure, cause 9 lbs of air was too much. i was running 5 lbs when i popped a bead..
leafs worked awesome. and will work till winter time when i throw dana 60's all around. and link the front end.
and the tires were TITS.. i love them.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
ps.
got word from Tony that he went and got his xj on sunday... its now home safe and sound, thank goodness it didn't get vandalized or burnt up! :D
i'm glad he got it home. we checked it over to make sure nothing happend to it. hope he gets it up and running soon.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
Thanks for the trip report. Great driving. This was just the motivation I needed to get my rig back together.
thanks steve. i'm not use to a spotter, so in one of the videos i don't pay attention to him and goof up..
i wish i had a better camera or a go pro so i could have taken a lot of pictures..

sixstringsteve

I'll bring my GoPro when we run it in August. I use my GoPro just about every weekend. It's definitely one of the best investments I've made.